BIG BLOCK fun

Graeme

BIG BLOCK fun

Post by Graeme » Wed 27 May 2009, 09:00

Thought I would share this with you guys,started my buick the other day to take it for a drive.As I tried
to start it the motor backfired through the carb and flooded.Now being a big block everything is huge and
oversized so the carb chucked about a litre of petrol into the manifold and everything got wet.Now petrol
in the engine does not evaporate so the plugs had to be taken out to dry out the cylinders,problem was
engine takes up the whole engine bay so to take out one plug means four hours of hard labour and pain.
Now the engine is apart,plugs are out,its winter and everythings got to go back.I guess thats the fun about
a v8,will I buy a 1.6 NEVER.
Cheers
Graeme
Friends don't let friends drive JUNK.

RASSIE

Re: BIG BLOCK fun

Post by RASSIE » Fri 29 May 2009, 19:22

I agree, and do not agree. My Caddy got a 429 and a Rochester, for the 30 years it is in the family, as it was my late Dad's car. We never put a hand on it. My Pontiac Trans- Am with a 400 Chevy got a 400 Chevy with roller rockers and a 12.5 comp. with a 4 degrees on the valve timing. It got a 750 Holley and got a fire twice, on the engine.
My F100, 351 did more than the km of both cars in only 4 years and a series of Holley carb's and no fire. I love them all. :D :D Long live the V8.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Social Media