Our first Champion!

Hi-Fi

Our first Champion!

Post by Hi-Fi » Tue 07 Oct 2008, 15:54

It's unofficial at the moment, but I doubt whether it will change. We have got our first champion from this forum. Dattiman won the Classic Car Championship on Saturday in his Datsun GX coupe.

Well done Ian! Consistency shows it matters. I have always envied your little Datsun!

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Re: Our first Champion!

Post by FairmontGT » Tue 07 Oct 2008, 17:15

Congrats!
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Lino

Post by Lino » Tue 07 Oct 2008, 18:32

DATSUN GX – IAN RICHARDS - WPMC CLASS & OVERALL CLASSIC SALOON CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER !!

The real issue here is that this was an honest, consistent and completely in the “Spirit of Classic Car Racing” achieved.

1st Full season rookie, :roll: no works team budgets, 8O NO "sandbagging" :) or trying to decifer the rule book upside down :twisted: to achieve success.

Well done Ian you did it for us okes with 1400 Datsun bakkie’s too !!

Or put it this way you continued the legend of the now discontinued CHAMP ! :lol: 8) :lol:
Attachments
Ian Richards - Datsun GX Coupe.JPG

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Tue 07 Oct 2008, 20:15

Fantastic achievement to have taken the championship competing against so many high dollar operations and Hot rods

The only pity is that the car doesn't have an original 1200 motor as that would truly have been a remarkable victory and honestly have been won in the "spirit of true classics"

Warren

Lino

Post by Lino » Tue 07 Oct 2008, 21:00

No Warren I must argue :evil: this one with you this is a MILD 1400 which would equate to a hotter 1200 of the 70's which are not as available as those days. Same theory that go for the V8 stuff that is scarce. What's good for the goose is good for the gander this Datsun is like a standard production car compared to most others.

If this Datsun must be made a 1200 it can go even faster than it's present state pity most of the others will go slower ! :lol: :lol:

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Tue 07 Oct 2008, 21:32

Lino

Im not trying to take anything away from Ian but the car should have 1200 motor otherwise it is a "Hot Rod" same goes for the other cars that are floating in classics

Take a look at the two Capri's Z181 and A2 these cars are so close to original that these other cars should not even run in the same class if they can be brought back to original spec why not the rest of the field
I personally think that South African Motor sport needs to get in line with the rest of the world when it comes to Historical racing .

Warren

Lino

Post by Lino » Tue 07 Oct 2008, 21:37

True, but I would imagine Ian got the car already with a 1400 when it was still green if it was me the way classics has been till now I would have gone to read those rules translate them to Afrikaans, Portuguese then back to English :? and see if I could come up with a 1796.5 cc combimation to get in line with the hotrod class. :twisted: 8)

But no he did'nt. What's more that is a bakkie 1400 motor in there too !! :lol: :lol:

Theres stuff running there with horspower enough to light up Killarney when there's a power failure ! :roll:

Johann65

Post by Johann65 » Tue 07 Oct 2008, 23:11

1200 or 1400 makes no diff's. What is great is the achievement! Congrats Ditteman!
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

gordini

Post by gordini » Tue 07 Oct 2008, 23:17

Back to topic..congrats Ian, that 1 hell of an achievement......you deserve it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

OldSkool II

Post by OldSkool II » Wed 08 Oct 2008, 07:37

congrats ian
i hear the new mustangs also raced on saturday, who watched?
people are tellingme they are way too quiet. must be the noise issue at killarney, its a pity because in the old days when i was a kid it was awesome hearing the thundering V8's with open pipes, really added excitement to the racing.
Driving a 10 sec Honda is like coming out the closet
At first your friends are in awe, but you still gay

Social Media