Capri Gunston replica for sale 67000 gbp

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
peranaman

Capri Gunston replica for sale 67000 gbp

Post by peranaman » Sun 18 Aug 2013, 13:58

Well, most regular visitors and contributors of AMC forum will know me and my car. It's been a long, long project. Finished in 2010 and taken a number of awards and magazine articles since then. I have come to a point where the car now deserves to go to a new owners (or owners). My preference is for it to go back to SA where it's heritage began, although I know the SA authorities make it as difficult and as expensive as possible. Maybe it could be semi-dismantled and imported as parts? (Someone I know did that back in the 70's in JoBurg - but names must remain a secret......)

After an 8 year build program I am offering the chance for someone to purchase my Capri Perana Gunston Replica. The car is my personal project and has been a part of my life for a solid 8 years. Privately owned and a private sale.

This has been my personal project since 2005. There is far too much to say about the car other than, view the website at:-

http://www.gunstoncapriperana.com

The car is a millimetre perfect replica of the original South African Team Gunston Capri known as A2. The main difference being mine is a road going version of the car.

The attention to detail is exceptional. The car has won awards including Motorsport Car of the Year 2011.

The Perana is V8 302 Mustang powered, with 5 speed Tremec gearbox.

On it's website under Project Gunston you will be able to find out most of what you need to know. The site is still being added to daily, so more will appear.

The sound, the sight and the driving is exquisite. A crowd pleasing, mind blowing experience.

Ask any questions but only if you are a serious contender for purchase.

There are only two cars like this in the world. The first is the original A2 which sits at home in Cape Town South Africa. It is a race car - is not for sale - and has the scars, and bruises of a 42 year old racer.

The second car is mine. It is as near perfect as you can get in terms of appearance, finish, detail, sound and performance. My car hails from South Africa and has the 'blessing' of Basil Green whom I met in 2009 at the 3/4 point in my project. He thinks the Capri is the best of the Peranas.

This is a once in a lifetime chance to own and drive the legendary Gunston Capri Perana. There is no other Perana tribute car that comes anywhere near to mine. It was voted best project of 2010 by African Muscle Car forum.

What do you get if you buy the car?

1. The car.

2. All records, documents, receipts, photographs and video on DVD.

3. The number plate, spare paint from the same batch bought in South Africa.

4. Maybe the website.

As stated in the website - no test drives without full insurance and a fairly substantial deposit. Returned at end of drive. There will be no test pilots, 'racers' or dreamers involved in this purchase.

Email me via this site to ask questions or arrange a mutual time to speak on the phone.

Thanks for looking.

If purchased by anyone in South Africa I will personally undertake to deliver the car to your door! Subject to all the red tape and nonsense that importing into SA involves.

Asking price - £67000 gbp.

http://www.gunstoncapriperana.com

PM me or email if you have a serious interest. Car based in UK.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do

peranaman

Re: Capri Gunston replica for sale 67000 gbp

Post by peranaman » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:06

As I put in a previous post I am willing to reduce price by 9000 gbp if someone in SA buys the car. Fair enough??

ters

Post by ters » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 16:03

A bargain at:
58,000.00 GBP = 923,563.95 ZAR
British Pound ↔ South African Rand
1 GBP = 15.9235 ZAR 1 ZAR = 0.0628002 GBP
Mid-market rates: 2013-08-19 13:58 UTC

I would love to own this car..... :roll: :oops:

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 17:35

Just another three folks and there you have it - a ' club' owned car!

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 17:41

ters wrote:A bargain at:
58,000.00 GBP = 923,563.95 ZAR
British Pound ↔ South African Rand
1 GBP = 15.9235 ZAR 1 ZAR = 0.0628002 GBP
Mid-market rates: 2013-08-19 13:58 UTC

I would love to own this car..... :roll: :oops:

Ters.
Ters, I thought a high exchange rate only favoured people outside of SA??

My offer of 9000 gbp reduction to South African buyer was a genuine attempt to ease the pain of importing a car to SA. My car is still cheaper than the 3 Continuation Peranas sold a couple of years ago.

If my car doesn't sell by end of September I'll revert to the original price and see what happens. If I have to keep it, Oh well................................. ;) ;)

jlebenon

Post by jlebenon » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 18:13

That's amazing hey , attention to detail is spot on !!
2006 lumina ute
1973 El camino 353ci

ters

Post by ters » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 18:38

peranaman wrote:Ters, I thought a high exchange rate only favoured people outside of SA??

My offer of 9000 gbp reduction to South African buyer was a genuine attempt to ease the pain of importing a car to SA. My car is still cheaper than the 3 Continuation Peranas sold a couple of years ago.

If my car doesn't sell by end of September I'll revert to the original price and see what happens. If I have to keep it, Oh well................................. ;) ;)
I am honest in saying it is a bargain. No bad intentions or hidden agenda's in my post.
Pity I can not afford it though.... :roll:

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 19:01

Hi Peranaman no words. The car is stunning!!! :mrgreen:
I need to ask permission from you to save the pictures in my personal files if you do not mind.
One of the best I have ever seen. Many hours work in that car.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 19:11

RASSIE wrote:Hi Peranaman no words. The car is stunning!!! :mrgreen:
I need to ask permission from you to save the pictures in my personal files if you do not mind.
One of the best I have ever seen. Many hours work in that car.
Rassie.
Rassie take what you need. I can send you a link to bigger sizes if they turn out not to be big enough. Let me know.

Did you see the 'double' pic of A2 - one on top of the other? That is Nick Shewards creation sitting on top of mine for comparison.

cheers Chris

ps it's OK to die driving a V8 as long as you are assured a parking space in the correct location!!!

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 19:22

Thanks Peranaman.
Please give me the link as well. These are pictures to keep!! :D
I had a Perana with the same double anti roll bar and alloy connectors. Was this special or normal on all Perana's?
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Social Media