Ford Mustang GT350 For Sale

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
brennan67

Re: Ford Mustang GT350 For Sale

Post by brennan67 » Mon 23 Jan 2017, 14:00

I would say that the quality of workmanship looks really good on this but its far from a factory original concours restoration...

I also wonder whether its not a bit overpriced, or maybe it isn't... Just bearing in mind its NOT a Shelby just a clone but then maybe a real Shelby is closer to the R2 million price point these days ? and a Fastback built to a high standard is worth a R1 million..

For those interested... here is a link to a concourse Shelby restoration and what is should look like.

http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/ ... stang.html

Gavin RS

Post by Gavin RS » Mon 23 Jan 2017, 14:32

Yip It is properly done but was not meant to be a concours car.

it was built to look like a Shelby GT350 and he makes it know that it is not a Shelby but a normal 65 Mustang.

I reckon for the true enthusiast who likes originality it would take very little to make it a concourse original

Regardless though if I had the money now that I have physically seen the car I would buy it

A genuine Shelby GT350 (road car) as you say are nearing the R2mill mark.
1984 Rover Vanden Plas V8 (Historic Race car)
1986 Rover 3500 Vitesse (UK Import Ex London Police Car)
1983 Rover Vanden Plas undergoing conversion to race car.
2009 Ford Territory ST,
2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Auto, daily driver

Clint

Post by Clint » Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:18

Hope he never screw fixed that ugly after market center gauge cluster to the dashboard :(

Scorpionman

Post by Scorpionman » Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:29

Clint wrote:Hope he never screw fixed that ugly after market center gauge cluster to the dashboard :(
That 'ugly' instrument pod is correct for a '65 350GT Shelby.

'66 had a different instrument cluster and with only the rev counter ontop of the dashboard

I like this car. A lot of small detail touches that would be looked over with a replica.

Thankfully not another fibreglass Eleanore wannabee look alike.
1961 Alfa Giulietta Sprint
1971 Fiat 124 BC Coupe
1975 Fiat 132 GLS

Clint

Post by Clint » Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:43

100% correct but IMO it is ugly. The repro dosent even try look part of anything in the car, it has brushed alu bezels :? Car is amazing, repo dash looks out of place. Again IMO :roll:

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 27 Jan 2017, 20:10

Scorpionman wrote:
Clint wrote:

Thankfully not another fibreglass Eleanore wannabee look alike.
Agreed. I really don't see any sort of value in those cars at all.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Burnthosetyres

Post by Burnthosetyres » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 06:51

I've read this thread twice...: and those were my exact thoughts, but refrained from comment as I've said it ad nauseum and I'm starting to look like a hater.
But at a bar this to me is a better buy than strapping some more Tupperware on and spraying a car one color with a dead dudes signature on the dash.
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

Gavin RS

Post by Gavin RS » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 09:24

Like I said in the beginning, the owner has said it is a "clone" of a 1965 Shelby GT350 and has tried to keep it as close and as original to the actual cars of the day, no mention or signs of any fake Autograph signatures or tacky stick on kits etc etc , I agree the top gauge cluster pod could have been nicer but then the original cars were nothing to write home about in the first place.
To all the skeptics that think they know everything about old cars (not this forum :D ) but people I have spoken to and showed pictures that also view this forum go and rather purchase a Kia Picanto and move on and leave the old cars for true petrol head enthusiasts.

Most of us on here know what original cars are supposed to look like and none of them were ever perfect from the factory like a modern car. NOW, my personal opinion ( I get to see so many collectible/classics in a month) is that this particular car being built by the owner and a friend is better than just about any large restoration company in SA that builds cars at huge prices.
The attention to detail and build quality is top notch and the pictures do not do it justice. My only hassle is I have queries from overseas so I have convinced the owner to let me bring it to auction in Feb with our Supercar auction as we have a new modern Shelby GT500 going on. be nice to have an old Mustang on that auction and hopefully a local buyer gets it.
1984 Rover Vanden Plas V8 (Historic Race car)
1986 Rover 3500 Vitesse (UK Import Ex London Police Car)
1983 Rover Vanden Plas undergoing conversion to race car.
2009 Ford Territory ST,
2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Auto, daily driver

brennan67

Post by brennan67 » Tue 31 Jan 2017, 13:53

Gavin RS wrote:Like I said in the beginning, the owner has said it is a "clone" of a 1965 Shelby GT350 and has tried to keep it as close and as original to the actual cars of the day, no mention or signs of any fake Autograph signatures or tacky stick on kits etc etc , I agree the top gauge cluster pod could have been nicer but then the original cars were nothing to write home about in the first place.
To all the skeptics that think they know everything about old cars (not this forum :D ) but people I have spoken to and showed pictures that also view this forum go and rather purchase a Kia Picanto and move on and leave the old cars for true petrol head enthusiasts.

Most of us on here know what original cars are supposed to look like and none of them were ever perfect from the factory like a modern car. NOW, my personal opinion ( I get to see so many collectible/classics in a month) is that this particular car being built by the owner and a friend is better than just about any large restoration company in SA that builds cars at huge prices.
The attention to detail and build quality is top notch and the pictures do not do it justice. My only hassle is I have queries from overseas so I have convinced the owner to let me bring it to auction in Feb with our Supercar auction as we have a new modern Shelby GT500 going on. be nice to have an old Mustang on that auction and hopefully a local buyer gets it.

Well said Gavin.. well said. people are always going to have different opinions and points of view, me personally I have moved away from the aspirations of clone cars and I want the real thing or nothing at all. It kind of grates me when someone says wow did you see that Shelby mustang or that Boss 302, and I shake my head thinking 9 out of 10 its just a fake..

I know you and the owner are clearly representing it as a clone so thats not the issue in this case, but when bog standard factory muscle car becomes a super rare collectible and is misrepresented it annoys me for some strange reason, not sure why but it just does...

CanAm17

Post by CanAm17 » Wed 01 Feb 2017, 11:03

And then there is the genuine, unrestored, complete 390 (R spec) that sold for 500k a couple of months.
1967 MGB GT V8
1973 Chev Firenza Can Am
1978 Ferrari 308 GTB
2010 Mini Cooper JCW

Social Media