Battery Termnal Quick Disconnect

Sell parts for muscle cars
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
pietpetoors

Battery Termnal Quick Disconnect

Post by pietpetoors » Sun 16 Jul 2017, 14:58

After my Constantia nearly caught fire just before I sold it last year I started importing these Battery Terminal quick disconnects.

You can fit it within minutes and you do not have to cut any wires.

The main part and rear part are isolated from each other. To make contact you fasten the green knob, to break contact you loosen then knob. So if there is a short circuit you do not have to look for a spanner to loosen the battery terminal, just loosen the know and all power is cut off immediately. It fits on the negative terminal.

Is also very handy to disconnect and connect the battery on cars that are not used much.

I sell it at 4x4Direct.co.za , but I think it is more useful to old car owners. Price (July 2017) is R80.00 each.
You can buy it online at: http://www.4x4direct.co.za/battery-acce ... ative.html
or at any of our shops at: http://www.4x4direct.co.za/blog/where-we-are/

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!

Johann66

Re: Battery Termnal Quick Disconnect

Post by Johann66 » Sun 16 Jul 2017, 16:01

I like! Needed one last week when the altenater shorted!! 8O

Burnthosetyres

Post by Burnthosetyres » Sun 16 Jul 2017, 16:05

Very clever very easy and well priced
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors » Sun 16 Jul 2017, 16:24

Needed one last week when the altenater shorted!! 8O
Ja, what happened to my Constantia is the main cable running from battery + to the cab, came loose from its hanger and fell on the exhaust manifold. The cable isolation melted away and then that thick cable made a dead short on the manifold and caught fire. I stopped, had some spanners in the boot but not the exact size for the battery terminal. Took me a while to get the cable off the battery so it could stop heating up.

If I had this in at the time I could disconnect within seconds.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!

Social Media