75 Ford Fairlane

Try here if you want something specific
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
IT Guy

Re: 75 Ford Fairlane

Post by IT Guy » Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:55

My pc decided to pack up and being in IT, my pc is the last on the list to be fixed... 8O

I actually did go to have a look at the 75 fairlane and was happy with it. I decided to get my Beasty and so far I am happy with the purchase.

The engine is running good and I have been doing some work on the car like replacing wheel bearings and a small service. I replaced the tappet cover gaskets that was the cause of the oil leak and the oil leak is sorted.

I am now concentrating on the running gear. The car is a little loose on the road and all the rubbers are quite tired underneath the car. I hear that I might struggle to get these but I will start to look for these this week. I wanted so badly to work on the car this week end but I am a bit under the weather due to a stomach bug or something I ate. :x

Thank you again for all the advice. I will try to stay in contact more now that my pc is sorted again. Quite busy at work, a hectic course and off course my new love.... My beasty. :D
You only "liver" once!

Henk "The IT Guy"

ters

Post by ters » Sun 28 Jul 2013, 14:05

Welcome back IT! I thought you bought a "Ricer" and was ashamed to post again.... :lol: :lol:

Regarding the bushes on your Fairlane, I posted a link to a company in Pretoria where I bought
some bushes for my Firenza. The one's they did not have was cast for me. I actually asked them
about bushes etc. for earlier vehicles. As long as they have a sample, they will be able to either
replace or recondition existing items (tie rods, ball joints) . http://sydsuspensionparts.co.za/
They are very helpful, and will go the extra mile to get you sorted!

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

IT Guy

Post by IT Guy » Sun 28 Jul 2013, 16:37

I was actually thinking you guys might think that. :lol:

Thank you for the tip. Will contact them for sure. The course I am busy with is in PTA till December, so that will help a lot.

I am so glad I joined this forum! You guys rock!

Cheerz!
You only "liver" once!

Henk "The IT Guy"

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Sun 28 Jul 2013, 16:58

Welcome back IT.
Glad to hear you got the Fairlane.
Post some pics when you have time.

damagecontrol

Post by damagecontrol » Sun 28 Jul 2013, 17:09

Well, this sounds like a good story with a happy ending and beginning of another muscle maniac.

Well done on the purchase of this fairlane.

Hope you enjoy fixing her up and post lots of photos.
You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
89' Mercedes Benz 230e
....erode confidence in the enemy and cause the opposing forces to be left not knowing where the devastation is coming from....

Social Media