CAR COLLECTOR

Try here if you want something specific
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
PeterVeck

CAR COLLECTOR

Post by PeterVeck » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 06:27

Hello to all the classic car members. I am a private collector based in NZ whom is looking for mid 1960s to late 1970s Aussie manufactured cars and bakkies that were assembled in SA. I'm visiting SA later in November this year and wish to correspond with anyone wishing to sell their classic to a good home. I seek models as follows.

Chevy Constantia, El Camino and or Kommando, SS coupe also the Chevy 350 4 door sedan.
Ford Fairmont 6 or 8 cylinder and Ranchero equivelent. Maybe the Fairlane and Landau coupe
Chrysler V8 models only.
I am a cash buyer with funds for payment, once a full inspection has been conducted. I start my journey in JHB, CT, East London, PE and Durban between the 24th November to 14th December.

My email is carcollectornz@ihug.co.nz

If you make contact I am asking for good quality photos, and details of condition etc to be sent along with your asking price.The car must be in roadworthy condition with RWC, MVL1, & RC1 and have a clean history for Police inspection ( RPC ) and datadot. If your car is of interest I will supply my contact details to further discuss the opportunity.

NZ is a good place for these older cars, we rebuild, restore and cherish them for future generations to come.

Thanks Peter

RASSIE

Re: CAR COLLECTOR

Post by RASSIE » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 07:34

Welcome to the forum Peter.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 16:58

PeterVeck wrote:Hello to all the classic car members. I am a private collector based in NZ whom is looking for mid 1960s to late 1970s Aussie manufactured cars and bakkies that were assembled in SA. I'm visiting SA later in November this year and wish to correspond with anyone wishing to sell their classic to a good home. I seek models as follows.

Chevy Constantia, El Camino and or Kommando, SS coupe also the Chevy 350 4 door sedan.
Ford Fairmont 6 or 8 cylinder and Ranchero equivelent. Maybe the Fairlane and Landau coupe
Chrysler V8 models only.
I am a cash buyer with funds for payment, once a full inspection has been conducted. I start my journey in JHB, CT, East London, PE and Durban between the 24th November to 14th December.

If you make contact I am asking for good quality photos, and details of condition etc to be sent along with your asking price.The car must be in roadworthy condition with RWC, MVL1, & RC1 and have a clean history for Police inspection ( RPC ) and datadot. If your car is of interest I will supply my contact details to further discuss the opportunity.

NZ is a good place for these older cars, we rebuild, restore and cherish them for future generations to come.

Thanks Peter
Hello Peter!

The green Fairmont GT you almost bought has arrived in Australia and the chap is very very happy with the car!

Small world seeing you here.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 04 Oct 2015, 17:17

PeterVeck wrote:Hello to all the classic car members. I am a private collector based in NZ whom is looking for mid 1960s to late 1970s Aussie manufactured cars and bakkies that were assembled in SA. I'm visiting SA later in November this year and wish to correspond with anyone wishing to sell their classic to a good home. I seek models as follows.

Chrysler V8 models only.

Thanks Peter
As do we in South Africa.

Welcome to the forum but I and the other mods take a fairly dim view of people registering here with the sole intention to export cars out of SA.

I trust you will contribute lots to the forum.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

MOJO

Post by MOJO » Sat 31 Oct 2015, 18:20

ZA Perana wrote:

Chrysler V8 models only.

Thanks Peter
As do we in South Africa.

Welcome to the forum but I and the other mods take a fairly dim view of people registering here with the sole intention to export cars out of SA.

I trust you will contribute lots to the forum.
Bravo!!! My sentiments exactly.

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Sun 01 Nov 2015, 18:02

I doubt we will see any contribution from PeterVeck, with respect.

I agree Perana, we in this country also rebuilt and cherish our much beloved old cars

and bakkies. Although the export of our auto treasures to other countries is a monetary and

financially de facto reality of life and mainly flowing from our weak currency, it is always sad

for me to see our oldies leave our shores :(

But, that is me. The older the more sentimental.

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

Bearhawke

Post by Bearhawke » Tue 03 Nov 2015, 00:40

How can I say this: if RSA keeps going downhill as several members have stated (ESCOM(?) in particular); some of your vintage cars/trucks at least will live on instead of being destroyed.........
Bearhawke in Az, USA

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan.

Peter Veck NZ

Post by Peter Veck NZ » Thu 05 Nov 2015, 03:11

Hello to the guys and girls in this club. I have noted some comments about my lack of activity here and the fact I am wanting to buy cars for my personal collection from your wonderful country. A big thank you to all those whom have contacted me I am glad I placed the advert here with so many passionate people offering their pridse and joys to a genuine collector and or those wrecks that need rebuilding.

Now a message to ZA Perana. Appreciate your comments back on the 4th October, I wish to contribute, however I have had difficulty in logging on, I did ask Rassie to help me as he did email a fellow member/administrator, but to no avail.

Now a message to John Wepener from the 1st November. No contributions due to the reasons noted above and now I have created a new profile, and in the hope I don't experience the same log on issues I would enjoy very much to share my classics that I have collected since the very early 1980s when some of them were still relatively new.

As to my wishes to import these beautiful old cars from SA, your sentiments ZA Perana are very close to my heart too, especially when I have received so many separate enquiries of these cars rusting away or derelict needing some TLC and money spent on them to revive the history.

Thank you to Bearhawke 3rd November for understanding my position on this matter............

I hope my response has in some way explained my situation, cars leaving any country is a loss of history and identity, which is sad from your perspective, look at this another way, I can restore these for future generations to come and ensure they are kept in excellent order to be enjoyed.

I know I shell be meeting some club members during my visit, to which I look forward too.

Kind Regards Peter M Veck New Zealand "All Black Country"

Social Media