Wanted: Ford Cortina MkII fender and door

Post here if you are looking for hard to find parts
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
zahistorics

Re: Wanted: Ford Cortina MkII fender and door

Post by zahistorics » Mon 10 Feb 2014, 18:40

KSF wrote:
zahistorics wrote:Do you really want to flare it?
I might have to, to fit in the rubber I want. At this stage I am not planning a lookalike/replica type of build, but if I do, in the later life of N201 when it was under Windsor sponsorship and oom Koos racing (A201 then), it had flares to accommodate the rubber.
mmm.. build a Oom Koos/Winsor version replica. That would be cool.

gordini

Post by gordini » Mon 10 Feb 2014, 22:08

KSF wrote:Gordini,

Thank you !! I made contact, he thinks the parts are still there, will speak more later.

Are you anywhere near there? Or have someone in the area? I am trying to find out if my regular courier goes there too. It is far far away at current fuel prices.....
Sorry Bud...i have seen the car...good condition..and rust free..its in the middle of the Karroo. Call Alan.. the forums national courier for good prices, are ALAN@082 323 6139.............he is the cheapest in the country. Mention my name: Basie
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

KSF

Post by KSF » Tue 11 Feb 2014, 17:14

OK, I think I have the mudguard I need. Discussed with Japie at length this morning, so it is on its way. Thanks for the help Gordini, he remembers you! :)

Still looking for a really clean left rear door (that car's is gone already) and the front end trim&chrome bits.

gordini

Post by gordini » Tue 11 Feb 2014, 23:07

KSF wrote:OK, I think I have the mudguard I need. Discussed with Japie at length this morning, so it is on its way. Thanks for the help Gordini, he remembers you! :)

Still looking for a really clean left rear door (that car's is gone already) and the front end trim&chrome bits.
Put pressure on the man :roll: :roll: :roll: all this stuff is there but he is using the car as storage place :? :? He will sell, all the doors and windows are there :idea: :idea:
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

KSF

Post by KSF » Fri 28 Feb 2014, 13:38

I now have the parts off the car and available for collection, but it is far far away. Strydenburg on the N12 in fact. Courier cost is about as high as me driving the 700-odd km's to go fetch, so I am looking for another way.

Any chance of someone going through that area on the way down to CT or anywhere Western Cape in the next weeks or so? On the N12, about in line with Colesberg and south of Hopetown. The two front mudguards and the front lower valance. Probably 1700 x 800 x 400mm as a package, around 15kgs or so. I'll pay for any detours or other additonal expenses, has to be less than the couriers R1500.

The man also asked to let everyone know he has plenty F100/150/250 parts and spares, I think he said also one whole cab available. Plus a very old tractor he is selling for a friend! Japie Steenberg, 083 946 0449 or any of the other numbers from page 1, Gordini's post.

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Fri 28 Feb 2014, 14:09

KSF

See my posting "Transport of Chev C10"

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Fri 28 Feb 2014, 14:10

Under "Cars Wanted"

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

KSF

Post by KSF » Fri 28 Feb 2014, 15:48

Dankie Johan, ek het kontak gemaak en dit lyk hulle sal vir my kan planmaak! Hulle onthou nog jou C10. :D

KSF

Post by KSF » Fri 14 Mar 2014, 14:55

I have now got the fenders and valance, great help and service from JJ Transport (as per Johan's recommendation) 021 9823810, 0828878486 (Johan and Jeanette's business), home office in Brackenfell.

Still looking for the head light surround and chrome trim at the driver's side headlight. And a really clean left rear door.

Tx to the members for their help! :D

Killarney Racer

Post by Killarney Racer » Fri 14 Mar 2014, 16:31

Gordini, does this guy have parts for the 2-door Mk2? I am looking for drivers window and other bits and pieces.

Social Media