parts importers

Post here if you are looking for hard to find parts
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
bmwmaniac

parts importers

Post by bmwmaniac » Fri 25 Aug 2017, 13:00

i know this subject has come up before, but for the life of me I can't find where or when. maybe it was on a different forum.

I want to import a UNIVERSAL CRUISE CONTROL KIT. however shipping, and probably customs, if going to end up doubling the item price. is there someone that I could have the stuff delivered to in the US and they can send it over, re-boxed as a "Gift". or is there another alternative. Maybe someone is filling a container perhaps.

suggestions please guys.

Tx in advance.
"If you park your car, walk away and don't look back, you're driving the wrong car"

Can-Am ZN

Re: parts importers

Post by Can-Am ZN » Fri 25 Aug 2017, 13:57

Eddie, I'm sure that cruise control units are classifiable in an import tariff code that carries no import duty, which means that only VAT should be payable to Customs.
Gavin

1974 Chev Can-Am 302
1991 BMW 325iS Evolution (SOLD)

"The sad reality about the uneducated is that they don't know that they don't know." - Me

bmwmaniac

Post by bmwmaniac » Fri 25 Aug 2017, 15:38

so you reckon I must bite the bullet and take a chance
"If you park your car, walk away and don't look back, you're driving the wrong car"

Can-Am ZN

Post by Can-Am ZN » Fri 25 Aug 2017, 16:12

I think so...just tell the courier to clear it as a speed controller in tariff code 9032.89, which is for automatic controlling instruments and apparatus.

Or get them to send it by post and collect it at your Post Office...then declare that subheading to Customs at the P O when you pick it up.
Gavin

1974 Chev Can-Am 302
1991 BMW 325iS Evolution (SOLD)

"The sad reality about the uneducated is that they don't know that they don't know." - Me

bmwmaniac

Post by bmwmaniac » Sat 26 Aug 2017, 08:21

tx, you the man :mrgreen:

Social Media