1963 Chevrolet C10 Fleetside

The Ancient Mariner

1963 Chevrolet C10 Fleetside

Post by The Ancient Mariner » Wed 15 Oct 2014, 17:19

Greetings!

I have just taken delivery of my 1963 Chevrolet C10 Fleetside.I believe she is a barn-find.There is hardly any rust,however there are some problems.The engine(inline 6) block is broken off where the starter fits on.Also,the gearbox casing is cracked and propshaft damaged.I think she tried to pole vault on the freeway ;) Now I do have a donor vehicle and the parts required to fix her.I have considered repairing her to original condition.This would be the cheapest,pragmatic approach to getting the ute up and running again.

Now the thing is,i like V8's,and I see big potential here.I have decided that I want to rod her out.I have sourced a Chev 350 Vortec and 4L60E gearbox for what seems like a fair price.Other things that I will need to do:
-upgrade suspension and brakes(install jag front end).
-drop her a few inches.
-add powersteering.The vortec motor comes complete with a serpentine pulley system along with aircon compressor,ps pump and alternator.

I would love to hear from anyone who has taken on a similar project with some do's and dont's as well as the most common snags that one may encounter and whatever advice is welcome!

I have tried to attach some photos but cant get it right.

Best regards,
TAM.

Social Media