jlebenon

Re: 65 Mustang fastback.

Post by jlebenon » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:42

2006 lumina ute
1973 El camino 353ci

brennan67

Post by brennan67 » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:48

Stealth GT wrote:Bird ignore this character only their coded numbers matching shit is ever worth big $$$$ ...... your car your price at least you can say you did all the work :lol:

Back to your car Ill see if I can dig up anymore pics I think I was the third owner the original owner was probably the guy that owned ASCO engineering many years ago .

Regards
haha... Oh my.... Stealth GT, no I am not that guy you think I am, this is just reality like I say its like comparing a 320i BMW to a M3 or along those lines. Mustang Prices and other muscle cars are just getting way overpriced for the average guy to get in the hobby thats what burns me. A good honest Mustang like Birds should be affordable and attainable to the average enthusiast and owners with stars in their eyes of values of their cars go against that for most of us.

So you know I had to sell my 67 Coupe you see in my pics (blue one) so that i can afford to work on the GT 390 fastback. I priced the Coupe right and sold it for a honest price. I know/knew that the money I made out of it would quickly go in restoration costs of the Fastback but to be honest to myself I know that its a much more desirable car and long term would be more colelcatble and needs to get restored right. (currently a project car which I am about to start with). And yes I built that blue 67 Coupe 12 years ago with a friend Rassie on the mechanical and wiring, who helped me and taught me what I know, the 2nd time round (last year) I rebuilt it again with the help of a panel beating friend who taught me that side of restoration before I sold it. But I am the guy labouring getting his hands dirty and doing it right that I can tell you.

I did not rip the ring out of it when it came to sell the Blue Coupe and it sold fast because of it. Was a fair price for a clean and well restored 67 Coupe, but at the end of it it was just a basic coupe even though it was mine I did not have stars in my eyes to what it was.

Anyway am a true Ford and mustang enthusiast I do all my own work, mechanical and bodywork, wiring the entire thing. Where my skills are lacking I bring in mates to help me like welding and fabrication. I am am not perfect I am not in the trade I make mistakes but I do all the work with my 2 hands at home in my garage. So you are way off the mark.

Follow my build thread on the fastback which I will be starting if you are a Mustang enthusiast whilst I restore this car back to factory original as it rolled out the factory. I dont think I am out of place to say this will be one of a few concours original restorations done in SA to the level of detail i will be striving for down to paint and assembly techniques used at the exact assembly plant at that date and period. If its your thing of course follow comment and call me out.

I am still saying keep it honest and real and dont over sell classics this is not Gas Monkey Richard Rawlins BS.

Bird 455

Re: Re: 65 Mustang fastback.

Post by Bird 455 » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:49

Warren do you a picture of your 66 fastback? The one that sold for R650 000 a few years ago? Was the sprint engine in that car?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk
"What's the worst thing you can say to a Pontiac owner? Hey man, nice Camaro!"

GT40 Twin Turbo 5.4 quadcam Modular Ford. SDS custom tune.

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 23:10

Bird the white 65 fastback I had went to Malcom and he spent a lot of money rebuilding it I think he advertised it at around the R650000 mark but Im not sure if he got that amount in money or part trade for it ......

Regards
Warren

colin davids

Post by colin davids » Thu 23 Jul 2015, 07:50

Howzit Bird. Its your time and $$$ going into the restoration.You sell it for as much as you can get.Have a look at how many other 65 fastbacks are available on the market.Bottom line if somebody is looking for that particular model they have very few to choose from so you are in the drivers seat so to speak.Good luck with the build and the sale.Let me know when its done.I would like to come and have a look.
FORD CAPRI PERANA NO. 66
FORD CAPRI V8 DRAG CAR
FORD SIERRA XR8
FORD CORTINA 3.0 S W/CHEVY V8
BMW E30 W/ FORD 347 STROKER
1970 MUSTANG MACH 1 MANUAL W/4V CLEVELAND
SUZUKI GSXR 1000
FORD SAPPHIRE 2 LITRE 16 VALVE TURBO

brennan67

Post by brennan67 » Thu 23 Jul 2015, 08:50

colin davids wrote:Howzit Bird. Its your time and $$$ going into the restoration.You sell it for as much as you can get.Have a look at how many other 65 fastbacks are available on the market.Bottom line if somebody is looking for that particular model they have very few to choose from so you are in the drivers seat so to speak.Good luck with the build and the sale.Let me know when its done.I would like to come and have a look.
Colin

As Len rightfully said previously you can just import one, there are plenty 65 Fastbacks in USA for sale and being a 65 the LHD rule now falls away too and you cont have to convert it to RHD either.

What you spend and have got in it money wise has very little to do with what its actually worth. We here that all the time I spent XYZ on it, most of the time we never get the money back we put into it.

A question for you in your signature you mention you have a Capri Parana no 66. Nice.. but tell me if I had a Normal Capri and I made it super nice,no... let me go 1 further lets say I gave it to Bird to work his magic would it be more collectable and valuable than your no 66 Parana? Thats the point I am making at the end of the day a Parana is the top of the food chain of the Capri world and no matter what someone does to a base model Capri the Parana is always going to be the one to have. Yes there can be exceptions but I am talking averages.

Bird 455

Post by Bird 455 » Thu 23 Jul 2015, 11:32

Brennan if i understand correctly your examples compare 316-m3 & 1600 capri to perana's? That obviously being the difference between a c-code 65 fastback and hi-perf car? Is there ventilation in the cave?

Colin i will call you when the car is presentable. How are your toys coming along???

brennan67

Post by brennan67 » Thu 23 Jul 2015, 13:22

Bird 455 wrote:Brennan if i understand correctly your examples compare 316-m3 & 1600 capri to perana's? That obviously being the difference between a c-code 65 fastback and hi-perf car? Is there ventilation in the cave?
Yes thats correct, no ventilation when you are in town as its common knowledge you like to "hotbox it"

There was about 13,214 K codes made according to article

attached is nice article about it worth a read as a mustang fan you would enjoy

http://mustangs.about.com/od/faq/f/faq-kcode.htm

In 65 approx 64 000 C code mustang fastbacks made.

Bird 455

Post by Bird 455 » Thu 23 Jul 2015, 13:45

I don't think you being fair on the 1600 capri guys Brennan.
Your defence is always the numbers in the states. Its obvious and everybody knows those numbers.

I have to always bring you back to the fact that the 65 to 66 fastback sells for highest amount of money due to the popularity and rarity in this country. Our buyers who have the means to buy the cars want either 65/66 Fastback or alternatively a properly done Eleanor replica but the car needs to show a bar worth of parts. The 65 /66 can be stock.

I wouldn't over capitalise on that 67 bren. Rather sort that man cave out. Money is much safer in property.

colin davids

Post by colin davids » Thu 23 Jul 2015, 15:28

That's a lot of words about production numbers and what they are going for in the states.Shouldn't we be looking at the prices local sellers are getting as a point of reference?Any sixties fastback averages 700k. Or alternatively,can't we all just get along?
FORD CAPRI PERANA NO. 66
FORD CAPRI V8 DRAG CAR
FORD SIERRA XR8
FORD CORTINA 3.0 S W/CHEVY V8
BMW E30 W/ FORD 347 STROKER
1970 MUSTANG MACH 1 MANUAL W/4V CLEVELAND
SUZUKI GSXR 1000
FORD SAPPHIRE 2 LITRE 16 VALVE TURBO

Social Media