FORD ESSEX V6 STROKER

Glen

FORD ESSEX V6 STROKER

Post by Glen » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 20:33

Hi Guys

can anyone share information regarding my post, who in Cape Town / Jhb can do engineering or who is well clued up with developing good power from an Essex V6 in "STROKER" form, also will it be reliable was FORD RACING SA successive with the BLUE BLOCK ESSEX V6

:roll: :roll: :roll:

regards

Gunter

Re: FORD ESSEX V6 STROKER

Post by Gunter » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 22:02

best bet would be to pop dow to killarney on the 26th 9f September. A dood few of the racing guys are clued up with the V6'es...have a chat to Trevor Momberg, his 3.4L capri is quiet legandary
RACECAR spelt backwards spells RACECAR.....

IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 13:18

As Gunter says, and also search the forum, lots of info on here.

motor1

Post by motor1 » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 20:50

Not sure if he still does it, but Faizel Brown in Athlone used to do these, and they ran strong! A buddy had a Sapphire with a stroked motor was quite potent. He had a red Sierra at one time that held the record for longest burnout at Killarney racetrack lol.

Don't have his number, but if you know Athlone, I can give you an idea of where to find him. Off the M5 go to the police station robots in Athlone, turn right towards Strandfontein. There is another three way robot a short way after that, turn right, then immediately left. At stop turn left then left again, his house is on the corner on your left, across from vacant land. If you go through the robot you will see his house across the vacant land, there are normally a few cars parked on the grass opposite his house, including a black Focus (if he still has it). Hope this helps!
Youven
2004 Mondeo 2,0
ImageImage
2002 Honda 929 Fireblade Streetfighter
ex - '94 Laser 1600
ex - '88 Sierra 3,0 LX
ex - "67 Cortina 1600 GT

member of capestowners

sapphire

Post by sapphire » Thu 17 Sep 2015, 08:19

Faizel Brown....44 Huxley street Athlone (C)082 680 7992 (H) 021 6966724

MAD SAPPHIRE

Post by MAD SAPPHIRE » Thu 17 Sep 2015, 21:23

Hi Glen,
All depends on what you wanna do with it. I can build you a stroker very reliable at a premium price.
Yes wallet size = power and reliability.

Regards,
Mad Sapphire
Ford Sapphire 4.0L TURBO

Glen

Post by Glen » Tue 22 Sep 2015, 23:03

MAD SAPPHIRE wrote:Hi Glen,
All depends on what you wanna do with it. I can build you a stroker very reliable at a premium price.

Regards,
Mad Sapphire

thank you guys

maybe a misunderstanding yes i know faizal brown his Sierra was strong 3.3 Interceptor, i am not wanting someone one to build i can do that all by myself... i know the OLD DAVE INGLE 3.3, Chiefs Auto Parts Parow use to sell speed parts and stocked the D.I.C.E. 3.3 essex and sold essex V6 Accessories(Johan was the guy)on a huge scale they drag raced a Colt Galant S.B.C. (small block chevy) Blower Motor back to the point this Essex Dave developed was quite durable could take a (pak) ran two barrel HOLLEY does anyone have knowledge of this configuration or an old essex stroker lying around :lol:

Glen

Post by Glen » Wed 23 Sep 2015, 19:24

Regards,
Mad Sapphire
Where in Cape are you M.S. do you and Colin come before Wallace (BLACK XLE TWIN TILT UPS COMPOMOTIVE BBS MAZDA TAIL LIGHTS TWIN DOUBLE LIGHT H4 GRILLE KIT MK5 BUMPERS ALL ROUND VERY VERY VERY STRONG STROKED 3.3 ESSEX WITH TRIPLE 42 DCNF ENGINE MADE ABOUT WAY BACK 167>170KW IN EARLY 80'S)

I may be out or off but that CAR shamed cars from all over RSA in its time car was sold to Suleiman minus trips he drove it a while WALLACE then ran 30S then Sierra (FIRECRACKER 3.8.) then RED FACE LIFT XR6 TWIN TURBO and THEN quiet ..... :cry:

MAD SAPPHIRE

Post by MAD SAPPHIRE » Sat 26 Sep 2015, 19:01

Glen wrote:

Regards,
Mad Sapphire

thank you guys

maybe a misunderstanding yes i know faizal brown his Sierra was strong 3.3 Interceptor, i am not wanting someone one to build i can do that all by myself... i know the OLD DAVE INGLE 3.3, Chiefs Auto Parts Parow use to sell speed parts and stocked the D.I.C.E. 3.3 essex and sold essex V6 Accessories(Johan was the guy)on a huge scale they drag raced a Colt Galant S.B.C. (small block chevy) Blower Motor back to the point this Essex Dave developed was quite durable could take a (pak) ran two barrel HOLLEY does anyone have knowledge of this configuration or an old essex stroker lying around :lol:
Hi Glen,

I know Faizal Brown very well. I also knew the late Johan Horn from Chiefs Auto Parts. In fact i bought one of the first (if not the first DICE 3.3) from Johan/Dave. Very strong conversion at the time but suffered when revs went beyond 5800 mark. All respect and dues to Dave! The man knows his stuff and an Icon in making some magic with an Essex.

I got rid of all my V6 goods a long while ago.

Regards,
MS
Ford Sapphire 4.0L TURBO

MAD SAPPHIRE

Post by MAD SAPPHIRE » Sat 26 Sep 2015, 19:19

Glen wrote:

Regards,
Mad Sapphire
Where in Cape are you M.S. do you and Colin come before Wallace (BLACK XLE TWIN TILT UPS COMPOMOTIVE BBS MAZDA TAIL LIGHTS TWIN DOUBLE LIGHT H4 GRILLE KIT MK5 BUMPERS ALL ROUND VERY VERY VERY STRONG STROKED 3.3 ESSEX WITH TRIPLE 42 DCNF ENGINE MADE ABOUT WAY BACK 167>170KW IN EARLY 80'S)

I may be out or off but that CAR shamed cars from all over RSA in its time car was sold to Suleiman minus trips he drove it a while WALLACE then ran 30S then Sierra (FIRECRACKER 3.8.) then RED FACE LIFT XR6 TWIN TURBO and THEN quiet ..... :cry:
Oooh Glen now you going back just a tad :mrgreen:

I know Wallace and that DEMON of an XLE very well. That car had to date an i quote, "The best car out of the lot he had".
My V6 teeth were cut on that car. It was not a stroker though.
The 30S could never do what the XLE did no matter what. The red Sierra was normal stroke for most of it's life until it was resprayed Burgundy etc.
The twin turbo was ok at the time, but lacked the management systems we have today.
He had an XR8 after then the Audi/Porsche Wagon.

Good luck with your stroker build.

Regards,
MS
Ford Sapphire 4.0L TURBO

Social Media