tiny chevs

Hi-Fi

tiny chevs

Post by Hi-Fi » Thu 31 Jan 2008, 23:37

Hi guys, I don't know if I should breach the subject, but here goes. I have been in touch with a certain gentleman who actually raced one of the original Little Chevs and he said he would be very interested in obtaining the actual homologation papers of the car that is currently running. If anyone hears anything from MSA regarding their decision, please let me know. Anyway, nuff said.

zahistorics

Re: tiny chevs

Post by zahistorics » Fri 01 Feb 2008, 09:28

Sadly the Peranas and Can Ams were built in far too small numbers to get FIA homologation.

Why does he want a homologation certificate? If he races in ZA there's no problem (as the rules are at present anyway), outside of ZA depends on local MSA equivalent.

He should be able to get an Historical Technical Passport (HTP) though, provided the car has 1973 technology throughout - not electronics, etc. HTP doesn't say anything about provenance, originality, genuinesness, only that the car is period correct.

Hi-Fi

Post by Hi-Fi » Fri 01 Feb 2008, 10:01

I hear what you are saying about homolgation through the FIA. This guy RACED the Chev and wants to know the authenticity of the car through MSA. He has long since retired and was very interested in the goings on about this car. The problem I've found is that it seems the current drivers as well as those in the past haven't got very good memories, because they can't give info on what has happened to their the cars. They can't even remember who they sold the cars to initially.

This chap, I think, wants verification on the Chev everyone is going on about and would be thrilled if the car that he drove so successfully, popped up.

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Sat 02 Feb 2008, 09:39

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Sat 02 Feb 2008, 17:23

I moved that thread to the Chevrolet holden opel forum Lino.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Social Media