EX VIANNA RACING 530MLE

ClassicMan

Re: EX VIANNA RACING 530MLE

Post by ClassicMan » Sun 10 May 2009, 18:50

Thanks Henry.

Can anyone put me in contact with the guy who has the original road going 530 mle in CT? I would like to study this car and get my clone back on the road at some stage - as original as possible.

Carsick

Post by Carsick » Thu 08 Oct 2009, 16:03

Hi classicman

The owner of the 530MLE in Cape Town has written an article on the model here

www.firstfives.org

Look under photo archive/ BMW530MLE: The first M car ?

Check your pm in a few minutes

KevinLab

Post by KevinLab » Tue 23 Mar 2010, 09:32

Here are 2 pictures of the Gunston car raceing in Super Saloons NR.
The car is a bit tattered. It does not have the original motor and all that is left of livery is
Gunston Canon on the "C" pillar

nick sheward

Post by nick sheward » Tue 23 Mar 2010, 16:34

This car is the spare body that was available in Welkom at one time. It was built later as a 535 and sold after Tony's passing. I turned the car down as it never raced and was a spare shell. Cheers!

KevinLab

Post by KevinLab » Tue 23 Mar 2010, 16:38

nick sheward wrote:This car is the spare body that was available in Welkom at one time. It was built later as a 535 and sold after Tony's passing. I turned the car down as it never raced and was a spare shell. Cheers!
yes that is correct.
Tony's mach got hold of the car and rebuilt it.

Mr Classic Ford

Post by Mr Classic Ford » Sat 09 Oct 2010, 18:05

Killarney Racer wrote:One of those dates seems wrong. Probably both 1977
Hi guys! The date was Dec. 1976 ( Wynns 1000) and the pictured car is that of Ed Keizan & Ian Scheckter.They came in 5th overall and was first SA entry over the line. The yellow & black car was the Dave Charlton / Vermeulen Mazda RX3. I took my original lightweight roadgoing 530 Motorsport, of which only 108 were built & painted in this motorsport guise, and turned it into a racer. I had 2 races in it,one at Kyalami & one at Zwartkops. I sold it to my mate Dave Kopke in 2004 just before leaving for the USA. He in turn sold it to Charles Arton, who had major mods done to replicate the Keizan jet of '76/'77. I have subsequently met up with Charles Arton, showed him my build scrap book and he very generously offered me a quick spin in my old jet last year at Kyalami's Springbok Series race meeting. I was overwhelmed! He pointed out to me that on the BM keyring & fire extinguisher, it still says, "DIRX JET." It was closure for me.... ;)
Dirk van der Merwe.

VMX

Post by VMX » Sat 09 Oct 2010, 18:15

KevinLab wrote:Here are 2 pictures of the Gunston car raceing in Super Saloons NR.
The car is a bit tattered. It does not have the original motor and all that is left of livery is
Gunston Canon on the "C" pillar

The Gunston BMW was not this scheme which is more like the Capri's of 70-71. It was a sand colour with Gunston on it the front end also does not look right (spoiler). If same car I saw it in 96 roundabout at Goldfield's, it was then green.

Mr Classic Ford

Post by Mr Classic Ford » Sat 09 Oct 2010, 19:00

Oh yes, strictly speaking then,the heading should not be Viana Racing 530 MLE, but rather Keizan / Lavoipierre 530 Motorsport Limited Edition. Afterwards more 530's were built in metallic colours with all luxuries such as air con & p/steering etc.

E12 535i Turbo

Post by E12 535i Turbo » Thu 27 Oct 2011, 22:21

ClassicMan wrote:The plot thickens.....

Nick Sheward has spoken to an ex BMW Racing Mechanic who knows the cars. It seems that a third car was built for Paddy Driver!

Eddie Keizan's car has been sold to Peter Kaye-Eddie and is being restored. A second car was written off on the Tarlton Drag Strip and the whereabouts of the the third car is unknown.
Dont know if this will help.

I drove past a house some time ago in Edenvale and saw a 530 under a tree. It still had the original M colors, 3 weber carburettors and a very nice branch. I made the owner an offer on the car but he didn't want to sell the car.

Went there again two weeks ago and the car was gone!
E12 535i Turbo350wkw/800wnm

needboost

Post by needboost » Thu 27 Oct 2011, 23:59

E12 535i Turbo wrote:
ClassicMan wrote:The plot thickens.....

Nick Sheward has spoken to an ex BMW Racing Mechanic who knows the cars. It seems that a third car was built for Paddy Driver!

Eddie Keizan's car has been sold to Peter Kaye-Eddie and is being restored. A second car was written off on the Tarlton Drag Strip and the whereabouts of the the third car is unknown.
Dont know if this will help.

I drove past a house some time ago in Edenvale and saw a 530 under a tree. It still had the original M colors, 3 weber carburettors and a very nice branch. I made the owner an offer on the car but he didn't want to sell the car.

Went there again two weeks ago and the car was gone!
Yep know of this as well... i also tried getting hold of the guy,screamed ,shouted to get their attention, somebody peeped through the window,but wouldn't come out. Honda civic standing in the driveway. Car has now been gone about a month...

Social Media