Been a while since I had any news on my Rover. Time and money as we all know. done quite a lot since my last update so i wont go into too much detail.
A few more very recent updates.
I have been driving the car around now for a few weeks to find any issues that can appear when everything is new. Had a few leaks and some electrical issues but nothing major which was great.
i decided to change my tappet covers again. the blue is nice but I thing a wrinkled black finish looks classy so sent my spare set in to be powder coated then had the tops faced on a surface grinder, nice machined finish so no polishing necessary.
Changed a few things on my centre console now all switches and starter button works, just need one extra switch for a fan overide which i will fit shortly.
Picked up a nice classic steering wheel from Piston ring Ford day for R50, fitted to car for road driving so i can keep my suede steering for the track only, also fitted a quick release to my steering which is cool.
The electric water pump and controller works very well I must say, glad I bough the kit.
I also bought a full Edelbrock calibration kit for the carb, comes with everything, took me 5 minutes to change the metering needles to make the carb leaner, made a difference to performance straight away, must still try the main jets and a few things as I thing I can still go leaner, the 4Bbl carb is an awsome piece of kit, starts easy, no flatspots like a Holley and the second stage comes in nice and smooth, well worth the money i spent on it.
The side beadings on the car are almost all off, unfortunately they were glued on so the paint was damaged. I have made up my own vinyl stripes which i will fit to hide the damaged paint as I wont be re spraying the car for sometime, (more money)
I managed to get the seat mounting lower which has helped the driving position, also fitted the alloy foot rest on the clutch pedal side, definately makes a difference for the track.I must still sand the floor and paint it but that will come later.
So far I have been trying to drive the car hard where ever I have a chance and apart from excessive wheelspin (no LS diff as yet) it goes very well and with a 3.7-1 ratio it feels quite quick through the gears, brakes are good with the 4 pot upgrade and the handling is awsome, easy to power slide and this makes me think that once I am on track and in a corner with the back out it will be hard to overtake me as the car is so long he he he,
I still need to do wheel alignment and play some more with shock settings and springs, I need to drop an inch lower but need to modify the mounting on the diff torque tube so my propshaft angle is correct.
I will be doing some proper detailing and finishing off soon.
Well so far so good now I need to get it on track to see if it is going to be ready to race.
tapet covers were blue. now black.