Toyota Celica

needboost

Re: Toyota Celica

Post by needboost » Sat 02 Oct 2010, 22:18

Mr Classic Ford wrote:Hi there guys! Sorry to come in so late on this Celica issue. I'm new to the Forum. I have an old scrapbook dating back to 1969 with various pics of VARIOUS Celicas--driven by various combo's of racers eg. Porter/Adler; Mortimer /Swanepoel(Chris); Swanepoel (Koos)/La Reservee; Cloete/Swanepoel(Chris). Pics of Celicas running neck and neck in colour, Celicas leading the Mazda RX-2 and pics autographed by Oom Koos & Geoff Mortimer. By the way,I supplied Jannie v. A. with lots of pics of this Mazda that he's bought-even the real autographs of Takechi & Katayama! Anyone on the East Rand that can help to scan these pics for everyone to see ? (My scanner is broken! :oops:)
Dirk ek is seker Gavin ( V6 Capri) sal kan help ( Jammer Gavin ... :-) ) Sal graag daai foto's van daai RX3 (dink dit was n RX3 ) ( Katayama / Takechi ) wil sien.Dink ek weet waar ek miskien een van daai masjiene kan kry.... :-)

Mr Classic Ford

Post by Mr Classic Ford » Sat 02 Oct 2010, 23:01

Ja,ek dink jy is reg oor die RX-3,alhoewel ek foto's het van die karre waar daar na hulle as die RX-2 asook die S102A verwys word! Die M10A was mos die vorige jaar se gewilde (nou hoendertande!) model waar Gough en Van Rooyen vir als weggery het tot die tragiese brand insident.

Ek sal wag om te kyk of iemand wel nog belangstel in die Celica foto's voor ek Gavin nader....

Killarney Racer

Post by Killarney Racer » Sun 03 Oct 2010, 18:04

niccih wrote:Hi Kr.

What's going on on the 23 rd? I thought the next race is only in November.
Classics and Fine cars have races on 23rd Oct and 13th Nov. The calender has been moved around a bit this year, but these are the final dates.

If you want to run in Fines rather than Classics on invitation, I am sure this will be no problem.

Killarney Racer

Post by Killarney Racer » Sun 03 Oct 2010, 18:09

Mr Classic Ford wrote:Ja,ek dink jy is reg oor die RX-3,alhoewel ek foto's het van die karre waar daar na hulle as die RX-2 asook die S102A verwys word! Die M10A was mos die vorige jaar se gewilde (nou hoendertande!) model waar Gough en Van Rooyen vir als weggery het tot die tragiese brand insident.

Ek sal wag om te kyk of iemand wel nog belangstel in die Celica foto's voor ek Gavin nader....

I have several pictures of these cars, some of which I have posted on this and other threads and forums. I hope someone can help Mr Classic Ford so we can all savour some more pictures. Pity I am so far away!!

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Sun 03 Oct 2010, 18:13

Guys, can we please keep to English. Unfortunatelty our many foreign members all around the world cannot understand Afrikaans. Thanks.

gordini

Post by gordini » Sun 03 Oct 2010, 21:40

Mr C F please send those pix of the Celica..i think Nicci can benefit in his build here.
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

Mr Classic Ford

Post by Mr Classic Ford » Sun 03 Oct 2010, 22:42

zahistorics wrote: Guys, can we please keep to English. Unfortunatelty our many foreign members all around the world cannot understand Afrikaans. Thanks.
"Ag toe nou ou Chrisjan! Jy het niks belangriks gemis hier nie !!"

Chris,I was addressed by the person in Afrikaans and out of sheer decency,answered him back in Afrikaans. I was not aware that this was an English only forum? Or are you asking us to accomodate you?

For the benefit of "our many foreign members all around the world" then, this is what I have replied: "Yes, I think you're right about it being a RX-3,although I have pictures of these cars where they are being referred to as RX-2 and also the S102A. The M10A was the previous year's popular model (now very hard to find!)in which Gough & Van Rooyen were almost unbeatable up to the point of the tragic fire incident.

I'll wait and see if there are any interest shown in my Celica pics before I approach Gavin for help..."

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Sun 03 Oct 2010, 22:52

Not serious problem :) - I can speak Afrikaans fine, but we stick to English so that our members and friends in about 15 other countries can understand what we are chatting about. PS it's John.

Post those photos please - old racing pics are always welcome.

Mr Classic Ford

Post by Mr Classic Ford » Sun 03 Oct 2010, 23:13

gordini wrote:Mr C F please send those pix of the Celica..i think Nicci can benefit in his build here.
I'll do so with the greatest of pleasure as soon as I can find someone here on the Reef that is willing to assist with a scanner. By the way, there are also a few "Gordini's,R8's & R10's" in this old scrapbook...

gordini

Post by gordini » Sun 03 Oct 2010, 23:41

Please do send then as well...there is a topic here on Renaults!!
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

Social Media