Anyone know this car?

sixpak

Anyone know this car?

Post by sixpak » Sat 18 Oct 2008, 20:14

Can anyone shed some light on the history or present status of this car???
Attachments
pics 013.jpg

ZA Perana

Re: Anyone know this car?

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 18 Oct 2008, 20:17

I think that would be te Charger being dragged by Jack vd Westhuizen and if its that car its definately still around as I believe he has around 4 or 5 of the things....his wife used to drag that car from time to time.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

sixpak

Post by sixpak » Sun 19 Oct 2008, 07:04

I've been told it is powered by a 440 mopar engine but am curious to know the ET's that it ran :?:

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Sun 19 Oct 2008, 07:08

The way it is lifting it must be a strong motor. Cheers Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Sun 19 Oct 2008, 08:11

The car is powered by a 440 I stand "under correction" the best time with the car was either a 11 or 12 with nitrous I know his wife used to race the car . If you need to contact him let us know as he runs a second hand car dealership in Goodwood (Cape Town ) and he does have a few nice Chrysler's standing in the shop

Warren

sixpak

Post by sixpak » Sun 19 Oct 2008, 15:12

Thank you for your kind offer, Warren, I did meet the man back in 1988 when I last visited Cape Town. At the time I had gone to the now defunct Peco Performance to buy parts for a Pontiac Trans-Am that I owned and bumped into him(very pleasant person). I also recall a place called Chief Auto Parts(a speedshop?) that was not too far away from his carsales, I remember that they were playing a video of heads-up drags in Sweden featuring classic Camaro's, Mustang's, Dart's and Olds's 8O ..........good old days.

I was curious about the cars performance so that I know what to expect out of mine :D

Thanks again!

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 09 Nov 2008, 11:00

Stealth GT wrote:The car is powered by a 440 I stand "under correction" the best time with the car was either a 11 or 12 with nitrous I know his wife used to race the car . If you need to contact him let us know as he runs a second hand car dealership in Goodwood (Cape Town ) and he does have a few nice Chrysler's standing in the shop

Warren
Am glad my guess was right, actually wasnt sure it was Jack's car. He is a very nice guy, has come along on a few V8 Club runs.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Social Media