Cape Town's 50 fastest current drag cars

Racing history organised by manufacturer
ROBBINATOR

Re: Cape Town's 50 fastest current drag cars

Post by ROBBINATOR » Mon 29 Sep 2014, 19:16

IndianaJones wrote:Hi Robbie

What is the difference between "MSA and WPMC recorded results", and Street2Strip results?
Indi-J........here is how I always understood it to be.....for fear of been 'gunned' down let me add that I might be wrong but it should be close enough :)

MSA - National Body.
WPMC - Local Club and lessee of the facility.

1 - When WPMC have their monthly events at Killarney then it is MSA sanctioned so the results are recorded/documented/official.
2 - MSA itself also used to have a leg of their National series at Killarney.......not sure if this still happens though.
3 - Should a private club (non WPMC) stage their own drag event with the backing of MSA then those results are also documented/official.......this normally happens about twice per year........usually at year end.
4 - Street 2 Strip (12.5 seconds and slower ETs) events are more frequently staged and the runs are recorded but not documented/official so bragging rights are limited to the event only.

Hope this makes sense bud :)

Cheers.....Robbie.
EXPERIENCE.....tells you that a Tomato is a fruit.
WISDOM....tells you that it does not go in a fruit salad.
GOOGLE....can help avoid your customer's car from burning out and then been summonsed to court.

IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones » Mon 29 Sep 2014, 22:35

Was just asking Robbie, because I see on that webpage that Street2Strip times aren't accepted for the list.

Are different timing equipment used for the Street2Strip events?

I know of a couple pretty fast cars in Cape Town, I don't see on that list, cars that also run the 800m at Saldanha.

mantaray

Post by mantaray » Tue 30 Sep 2014, 06:32

Hey, my old car is number 18, not bad for home grown muscle and street driven, still the same motor I built in 2007!! never opened since and hammered hard every time it gets driven to and from the track...and for to work and back by my nephew in C.T......Chevy rules, hey Robbie !! ;)
2003 GTI 4
2014 Jetta 6 TSI
1981 Chevair V8 350 ...in CPT with Jack
Rover hopefully twin turbo 305 soon
68 Valiant 200 - awaiting 318 V8 transplant
75 HQ Kommando - 350 V8

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Tue 30 Sep 2014, 07:04

It must be a scary feeling doing time under 10 sec. 8O
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

ROBBINATOR

Post by ROBBINATOR » Tue 30 Sep 2014, 08:00

IndianaJones wrote:Was just asking Robbie, because I see on that webpage that Street2Strip times aren't accepted for the list.

Are different timing equipment used for the Street2Strip events?

I know of a couple pretty fast cars in Cape Town, I don't see on that list, cars that also run the 800m at Saldanha.
No probs Indi......absolutely nothing wrong with asking bud :)

Street 2 Strip is just that.......from the street to the strip........a racing platform for the street cars to kinda discourage public street racing. They only allow cars that run 12.5 seconds and slower (at least so the rule says :) )......anything faster and they would now be required to take full MSA licensing, medicals, insurance and adhere to additional safety regulations as sanctioned by MSA for that particular ET range.
Yes, the same timing equipment is used but I am ASSuming that because results are taken from MSA records hence there will not be any S2S times as they are not documented by MSA.....I do see the bottom tier of the list are S2S ETs' range but I reckon those guys must have competed at an WPMC/MSA event to have featured on the list.........there might be another explanation to this Indi but thats how it was explained to me a while back bud.

And yes again........I have no doubt that there are other very fast cars in Cape Town but I guess they need to show their mettle/metal at the track for it to be official......so as not to invite a lot of 'hear-say' either.........if you read the comments below the list then some people will mention a certain ET that they achieved but the author will stand by what he has received from the actual MSA records.

Indi......the cars you mention.......did they run at Killarney at an MSA event??........was it during 2013 and going forward??.......if so then Raceweb will gladly add them to the list once verified. :D

Hope this helps Indi.......apologies if it's still not clear bud.

Now Indi.............do I sense a new-comer to the list?? ;) ;) :D :D

Cheers.......Robbie.
EXPERIENCE.....tells you that a Tomato is a fruit.
WISDOM....tells you that it does not go in a fruit salad.
GOOGLE....can help avoid your customer's car from burning out and then been summonsed to court.

IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones » Wed 01 Oct 2014, 14:57

ROBBINATOR wrote:Now Indi.............do I sense a new-comer to the list?? ;) ;) :D :D
No Robbie, I don't have anything that can run with you big guns. :lol:

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Fri 19 May 2017, 23:29

I am seeking tire advise as i am putting together a street2strip car for Cape Town.

What is the legal tire specs for the class ?

Social Media