Can anyone help with A2 2.0 ?

Racing history organised by manufacturer
ant

Re: Can anyone help with A2 2.0 ?

Post by ant » Sat 14 Jan 2017, 09:52

Yes these pics are also of A2, in its first Rhodesia iteration after leaving S.A.

Unfortunately don't know any of the gents referenced there or the one you mention.

IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones » Sat 14 Jan 2017, 10:05

You have a PM

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Sun 15 Jan 2017, 17:39

Hi Ant,

How about the Grosvenor blue and white livery of A2 as raced by Koos Swanepoel in 1972 immediately after it left Team Gunston? That iteration of the car was physically still almost identical to how it was in Gunston colours. That means it will fit in the rules just fine.

Also it kind of fits with what KSF is doing with the Cortina: Gunston Cortina -> Blue and White

I am at work, I have some pictures of A2 in blue and white at home which I can post later

Another idea: How about the Team Peter Woolridge/Anchor Motors/Castrol Perana that ran in Natal? That was a good looking car.

EDIT: just looked at https://www.classiccarsinrhodesia.co.za ... wards.html. The very last Picture is the livery I am talking about

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Sun 15 Jan 2017, 17:50

A bit off topic:
ant wrote:@Peranaman, your dedication and efforts in building the A2 tribute car is to be applauded. It is however a road car, and would be woefully uncompetitive against the front runners
Chris's replica is more like a road legal track car. I saw Chris run it very hard around Nurburgring GP (Short) circuit, in amongst real DTM cars a decade younger. Given he was on road tyres, he was surprisingly quick. The local Germans saloon guys recon if he had been on slicks he would been right on the expected lap times.

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Sun 15 Jan 2017, 20:26

I like the idea of the white Perana, it looks very nice. :mrgreen:
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

ant

Post by ant » Mon 16 Jan 2017, 09:03

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, the default approach would be to go with the Swanepoel livery, but there are a few reasons this is not my preferred route.
There are several Group 2 look alikes around already, albeit in different livery, so I would prefer doing something a little different.
I am quite keen to show the car in a further evolutionary form, hence the inclination towards the Rhodesia years.
The car is currently fitted with all required appendages, Similar to the special/super saloon version as posted.

I am prepared to make some modifications to the body style, but perhaps not all the way back to the current A2 version.

No offence was meant to Chris's efforts or his car's pace for what it was meant to be. Big difference to competing with 1'22" cars at Killarney though. I would guess his car , with slicks, would do well to get into the 1'26-27" bracket, and 4-5" per lap is as good as a different race.
Love to have more pics of the Swanepoel rendition, but still searching for more pics of the '76 version.

Regards
Anthony Corin

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Mon 16 Jan 2017, 16:37

Love to have more pics of the Swanepoel rendition
I shall dig some out for you. Got home from work at 02:30 :)

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Tue 17 Jan 2017, 00:58

Ant, it's OK. I understood what you meant. My car was built for a particular purpose and more than fulfilled it.
It was a super road car with track capabilities. Never race capabilities. Didn't disgrace itself either!
Happy hunting.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do

nick sheward

Post by nick sheward » Tue 17 Jan 2017, 08:20

Hi Ant. I have a couple more pics which are probably suitable for this purpose. Not sure how to load but PM me with your email and I will send. Cheers!

ant

Post by ant » Tue 17 Jan 2017, 21:12

Thanks Nick

Did send you a PM

Social Media