new generation v8s

73Ranchero

Re: new generation v8s

Post by 73Ranchero » Sat 26 May 2012, 20:26

The Lexus engines are really gaining popularity and can be bought for around R7000 now. The fuel management system fitted by a reputable person (make sure he HAS DONE A FEW) should cost in the region of R5000. If however you don't do proper homework before the time you will end up like my buddy with one in a Landcruiser - which has overheated regularly and has cost him about R30000 up to now.

That said, he still has the same engine in the Cruiser - STRUE ! These blocks are indestructable. No warping or heat damage has occured , or at least nothing noticible. His ride is sorted now, but should have cost much less.

A guy in Klerksdorp uses a .... wait for it... Hyundai Bakkie, flatnose tilt-cab dropside truck, the ones with the little double wheels at the back and you can hear him laughing his head off when he smokes the Bmw's going away in the distance. Neil of performance centre in Klerkdorp did the conversion and Dyno mapping, but then he knows how to do it, so do not get caught by idiots, who just want to make a quick buck. IT WILL cost you a lot in the long run.
There's no substitute for cubic inches
Deon

dkatzphoenixIII

Post by dkatzphoenixIII » Sat 26 May 2012, 21:46

I have mislaid the name of a place in Benoni that sells these Lexus motors. Does anyone have the name of a reputable supplier? I also need the number of a guy in PTA who matches 5 speed Cressida boxes with various V8 blocks. Help appreciated.

ters

Post by ters » Sun 27 May 2012, 08:10

Spitronics is the guys in SA to talk to. If you want to use the Lexus gearbox too, that would need a
management system, as they do not operate with vacuum or cable kickdown/ upshift.
A friend of mine is selling his Lexus powered Toy, I was very impressed with the sound
and power delivery. He runs a dual management system from Spitronics.( engine and box)

Ters.
Attachments
VEHICLES 009.jpg
VEHICLES 009.jpg (144.86 KiB) Viewed 6504 times
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

hanov0

Post by hanov0 » Sun 27 May 2012, 21:13

I will second that, use Spitronics.co.za they specialize in the lexus v8's.
The guy in Pta doing adapters and bellhousing is Dana Jordaan
http://www.danajordaanracing.co.za
Cheers
Hano'

For custom Aluminum work www.saicperformance.com

Social Media