Chevy SS and Holden Monaro history and parts.

RASSIE

Chevy SS and Holden Monaro history and parts.

Post by RASSIE » Tue 11 Sep 2018, 08:20

Hi members who got info and or parts on Chevy SS and Monaro S.A. Any history and info will be a big help as not many were made and info are rare.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

kavesh

Re: Chevy SS and Holden Monaro history and parts.

Post by kavesh » Tue 11 Sep 2018, 10:45

What parts are you looking for Rassie?

I have a rear windscreen beading in good condition. Will send you a pic if you interested.

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Wed 12 Sep 2018, 06:42

Hi Kavesh I got a friend in Ballito who got 2 x Monaro's and a SS. I did restore 3 Fairmont GT's for him but he is a car man and money is no problem. He need any body part, heater box and also need info on the cars. I am a Ford man but also had Monaro's an Chevy SS cars in my time. I only know the SS came in auto with a Chevy 350 and turbo 350 auto or a manual with 308 Holden motor and a 4 speed manual box. The Monaro as far as I have seen only came with a 308 Holden engine and a 2 speed power glide box. Any input from members will be a big help.
Rassie.
kavesh wrote:
Tue 11 Sep 2018, 10:45

I have a rear windscreen beading in good condition. Will send you a pic if you interested.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 13 Sep 2018, 14:29

RASSIE wrote:
Wed 12 Sep 2018, 06:42
Hi Kavesh I got a friend in Ballito who got 2 x Monaro's and a SS. I did restore 3 Fairmont GT's for him but he is a car man and money is no problem. He need any body part, heater box and also need info on the cars. I am a Ford man but also had Monaro's an Chevy SS cars in my time. I only know the SS came in auto with a Chevy 350 and turbo 350 auto or a manual with 308 Holden motor and a 4 speed manual box. The Monaro as far as I have seen only came with a 308 Holden engine and a 2 speed power glide box. Any input from members will be a big help.
Rassie.
kavesh wrote:
Tue 11 Sep 2018, 10:45

CKD Kits much like the Fairmont GT's. I'd guess many of the mechanical parts would be shared with the Constantia and El Camino so sourcing small parts in SA might be possible. The SS mostly also came with 308 motor and choice of auto and manual, 350 SS's are very, very rare in SA.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

marnus

Post by marnus » Thu 04 Oct 2018, 14:06

holdenpedia has plenty of info regarding the cars, engines, gearboxes etc
Parts can be sourced, new replacement from AUS - Plenty of bad qaulity parts available.

Mayb checkout the Ausie V8 Forum for more info
Regards

Marnus Nortje

1989 Ford Sierra 308 V8
2005 Ford Ranger 2.5TD DC
2004 E46 320i BMW - ex

Social Media