Page 1 of 2

265 Hemi

Posted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 07:03
by 68barracuda
Hi Guys,
My Long awated 265 Hemi has landed from Oz - she is Going into a Rustler as Oz chargers are Virtually non existent over here. I got the engine with all the running gear including front and rear suspension and Engine Cross member - it will be a bolt in.

The Plan is to build a tribute to the e38/49 Chargers that raced in Oz the engines 265 CID sttraight six for these cars put out a Healthy 302BHP And was punted at the GT HO. On The Longer less windy tracks the GT HO with its Higher top spead beat the Charger but on the windy tracks the charger outhandeled and out ran the GT HO.
They tested the Hemi combo in Utes in Oz.

SO I Have ordered the six pack Manifold form Oz, and are seriously considering ordering the Headers from over there as well - BUT I knwo there are 45 DCOE carbs Floating around - I am looking for 3

Here is a link http://www.aussiecoupes.com/charger.html

Re: 265 Hemi

Posted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 11:18
by ZA Perana
Looks like a very cool project, do keep us updated!

Re: 265 Hemi

Posted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 11:20
by 68barracuda
I will I will - from what we could find out it is the only Hemi 6 in the Country

Re: 265 Hemi

Posted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 11:22
by 68barracuda
Have a listen - Volume to Max

Re: 265 Hemi

Posted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 12:01
by ZA Perana
68barracuda wrote:I will I will - from what we could find out it is the only Hemi 6 in the Country
I saw one once in a brown Australian Charger, was at a show in Cape Town a few years ago.

Re: 265 Hemi

Posted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 12:29
by 68barracuda
one or two with 318,

And they are possibly part of the cancelled Savanah project

Re: 265 Hemi

Posted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 12:40
by ZA Perana
68barracuda wrote:one or two with 318,

And they are possibly part of the cancelled Savanah project
This one had a pukka 265cu Hemin in it...Do you know anything about the cars from the Savannah project, any of the prototypes still exist?

Re: 265 Hemi

Posted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 14:44
by 68barracuda
Wow - I stand corrected 2 265Hemi's wonder where it is floating around :?:
We traced 2 savanha cars more or less
One belongs to a guy in verenigin with a 318 2bbl
One was seen in Pietersburg last year with a 225 Charger power
None of the 400 efi cars have surfaced :?
Anyway - i spoke to Fana of adater and conversion center - they will do the work to fit a 5 speed to the hemi
T5 maybe, BMW also maybe, but the Supra W series and Cressida Boxes are getting a serious look - that 3 speed BorgWarner just Dont have the legs, plus spares is an issue

Re: 265 Hemi

Posted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 15:20
by ZA Perana
68barracuda wrote:Wow - I stand corrected 2 265Hemi's wonder where it is floating around :?:
We traced 2 savanha cars more or less
One belongs to a guy in verenigin with a 318 2bbl
One was seen in Pietersburg last year with a 225 Charger power
None of the 400 efi cars have surfaced :?
Anyway - i spoke to Fana of adater and conversion center - they will do the work to fit a 5 speed to the hemi
T5 maybe, BMW also maybe, but the Supra W series and Cressida Boxes are getting a serious look - that 3 speed BorgWarner just Dont have the legs, plus spares is an issue
Very, very cool, I would lean towards the Getrag in the BMW over the fragile expensive T5 box. Am truly astonished that any of savanha cars have survived!

Re: 265 Hemi

Posted: Wed 15 Sep 2010, 10:56
by 68barracuda