BMW 325iS Evolution HP

User avatar
Can-Am ZN
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon 23 Jun 2014, 15:27
Location: Valley of 1000 Hills, KwaZulu-Natal

Re: BMW 325iS Evolution HP

Post by Can-Am ZN » Wed 18 May 2016, 16:55

Deon Joubert, the winner of both heats, closely followed by the Robbi Smith (who won the championship the following year in that car) at Goldfields Raceway on 26 Sep 1992:
Attachments
Deon Joubert - winner both heats @ Goldfields Raceway 26 Sep 1992.jpg
Deon Joubert - winner both heats @ Goldfields Raceway 26 Sep 1992.jpg (208.82 KiB) Viewed 3103 times
Gavin

1974 Chev Can-Am 302
1991 BMW 325iS Evolution (SOLD)


"The sad reality about the uneducated is that they don't know that they don't know." - Me

Image

User avatar
Johann65
Posts: 6288
Joined: Sun 24 Aug 2008, 13:07
Location: Rothdene, Gauteng

Re: BMW 325iS Evolution HP

Post by Johann65 » Wed 18 May 2016, 17:00

ZA Perana wrote:Went to Midvaal last year to for shake down testing of a friends restored Ferrari Daytona, very nice track with a great old school feel to it.
Built to my age!!! :D
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

User avatar
Can-Am ZN
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon 23 Jun 2014, 15:27
Location: Valley of 1000 Hills, KwaZulu-Natal

Re: BMW 325iS Evolution HP

Post by Can-Am ZN » Sun 05 Jun 2016, 19:14

Top end pic of the same car in the acceleration run earlier in this thread
Attachments
10440951_10154055946692049_2843918546533570386_n.jpg
10440951_10154055946692049_2843918546533570386_n.jpg (22.15 KiB) Viewed 3011 times
Gavin

1974 Chev Can-Am 302
1991 BMW 325iS Evolution (SOLD)


"The sad reality about the uneducated is that they don't know that they don't know." - Me

Image

User avatar
barrydorr
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon 13 Apr 2015, 12:16
Location: Vanderbijlpark

Re: BMW 325iS Evolution HP

Post by barrydorr » Sun 05 Jun 2016, 20:59

Can-Am ZN wrote:Top end pic of the same car in the acceleration run earlier in this thread
Is that on stock engine setup?
My Toys:
1974 Opel Manta 1900 DL
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

1972 Toyota Corona MKII 1600 - Bakkie (SOLD)
1991 Opel Kadett GSi 2lt-16V Superboss (SOLD)

User avatar
Can-Am ZN
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon 23 Jun 2014, 15:27
Location: Valley of 1000 Hills, KwaZulu-Natal

Re: BMW 325iS Evolution HP

Post by Can-Am ZN » Mon 06 Jun 2016, 08:36

barrydorr wrote:
Can-Am ZN wrote:Top end pic of the same car in the acceleration run earlier in this thread
Is that on stock engine setup?
If you take a look at the CAR road test earlier in this thread you will see that they got to top end at a slightly higher rpm...at 6300rpm odd.

The SuperBoss also fills its clock at top end, as all their speedos over-read.

I think this car has an 84mm stroke crank, making it a square bore/stroke configuration 2.8 litre, rather than the original 81mm over-square 2.7 litre.
Gavin

1974 Chev Can-Am 302
1991 BMW 325iS Evolution (SOLD)


"The sad reality about the uneducated is that they don't know that they don't know." - Me

Image

User avatar
barrydorr
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon 13 Apr 2015, 12:16
Location: Vanderbijlpark

Re: BMW 325iS Evolution HP

Post by barrydorr » Mon 06 Jun 2016, 13:02

Can-Am ZN wrote:
barrydorr wrote:
Can-Am ZN wrote:Top end pic of the same car in the acceleration run earlier in this thread
Is that on stock engine setup?
If you take a look at the CAR road test earlier in this thread you will see that they got to top end at a slightly higher rpm...at 6300rpm odd.

The SuperBoss also fills its clock at top end, as all their speedos over-read.

I think this car has an 84mm stroke crank, making it a square bore/stroke configuration 2.8 litre, rather than the original 81mm over-square 2.7 litre.
I see it claims top speed is 230 in that test which is similar to the GSi as it claims 228.4 - 232.6 Km/h. All the more reason to take my supie to the track and see what top speed I can push out of mine
My Toys:
1974 Opel Manta 1900 DL
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

1972 Toyota Corona MKII 1600 - Bakkie (SOLD)
1991 Opel Kadett GSi 2lt-16V Superboss (SOLD)

User avatar
Can-Am ZN
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon 23 Jun 2014, 15:27
Location: Valley of 1000 Hills, KwaZulu-Natal

Re: BMW 325iS Evolution HP

Post by Can-Am ZN » Mon 06 Jun 2016, 19:54

barrydorr wrote: I see it claims top speed is 230 in that test which is similar to the GSi as it claims 228.4 - 232.6 Km/h. All the more reason to take my supie to the track and see what top speed I can push out of mine
You wont get to top end on the track...u gonna have to enter a top-end run event for that :D
Gavin

1974 Chev Can-Am 302
1991 BMW 325iS Evolution (SOLD)


"The sad reality about the uneducated is that they don't know that they don't know." - Me

Image

User avatar
barrydorr
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon 13 Apr 2015, 12:16
Location: Vanderbijlpark

Re: BMW 325iS Evolution HP

Post by barrydorr » Mon 06 Jun 2016, 21:08

Can-Am ZN wrote: You wont get to top end on the track...u gonna have to enter a top-end run event for that :D
Well you must admire my optimistic outlook... :lol: so were are these kind of events hosted? airport strips?

I could test on the R59...wonder what a speed ticket would cost at 230 km/h 8O
My Toys:
1974 Opel Manta 1900 DL
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

1972 Toyota Corona MKII 1600 - Bakkie (SOLD)
1991 Opel Kadett GSi 2lt-16V Superboss (SOLD)

Post Reply

Social Media

     

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests