Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Batman

Ford Fairlane windscreen

Post by Batman » Fri 21 Sep 2012, 07:31

Hi guys, I managed to source a windscreen for my Fairlane from PG Autoglass, they are charging me R4000 installation included, but I am not ready to part with this amount of money for a windscreen. I have been looking for a second hand one for months now, but can't seem to find any. What is a reasonably price for a second hand one, and is it worth the wait to keep on looking for a second hand one?
Optel goed is hou goed

Dougie

Re: Ford Fairlane windscreen

Post by Dougie » Fri 21 Sep 2012, 08:45

If you get a second hand windscreen it will have chips and scratches. You won't get it for nothing and then you can still break it either in the removal or fitting. You have put in so much time and effort into the car, fork out the R4k while you can or you will kick yourself later.

Craig

Re: Ford Fairlane windscreen

Post by Craig » Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:16

I got a add looking for one and so far best was one for R3000 with a wiper scratch and a few parts included. Fitted for R4000 is steep but considering I read a once off is about R5000 for a custom window and R3500 each if 3 ordered. I luckily can repair my own ones chips and small cracks and polish the wiper scratch when bored one day! I did get a R1500 quote but out of stock but expect a R1000 or more courrier fee to get it! Maybe try National Autoglass, PG has always been dearer and there glass is not the best. There profits sure are though!
1984 928S
1970 Fairlane
1972 Ranchero

Social Media