When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
zahistorics

Re: Please!

Post by zahistorics » Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:01

Ters,

We had a look at things like you suggest some time ago. The feeling was that we did not loads of rules and legalese and stuff. Our three little bullet points encompass all of that without looking 'frightening'. I'd rather deal with odd issues now and then rather than have the forum appear to be a dark and gloomy place.

In reality we have remarkably little trouble.

Strangely though when trouble happens seems to come bursts all at once across a bunch of threads. Phase of the moon? Who knows why.

FPT

Post by FPT » Tue 26 Feb 2013, 22:02

Again no comment to my posts, neither possitive or negative..... :?

What an idiot poster I have seem to become...

Sorry for spilling my guts here as an irregular poster once again, no harm intended to the non AMC poster's

Apology to all (as what seem to be the die Hard AMC followers need to do)

Welcome and enjoy your stay newcomers, we older generation seem to bicker and "stamp koppe" from time to time...

Not going to delete my previous comments here as I stand with it, but should not have gone public tho...

There is a wealth of knowledge shared here, so enjoy!

Regards
Grumpy, over worked, longing to drive my AMC's
Andre'
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

Full Metal Jacket

Post by Full Metal Jacket » Tue 26 Feb 2013, 22:45

Good evening FPT,

I enjoyed reading your posts. Factual and concise.

It's clear that you're not referring to the past week say, but a period of 12 months or more.

I'll look out for you in the Tricycle forum. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I apologise for laughing at your tricycle comment, but it was really funny. :D

Bigblock496

Post by Bigblock496 » Tue 26 Feb 2013, 22:51

FPT wrote:Sorry not finished moaning....

The folowing just came to thought aswell...

When last was there some proper AMC threads?

With that I do not discourage American, Japanese, German, hybrid builds, etc threads, good on you, intresting but thats just that, but is the tail not wagging the dog. Has the AMC's vanished?

My Old Man has been building yet another Fairmont GT over the last couple of years, meticiously, step by step, bit by bit, on a Post office pension, from nothing... (yes we have quite a couple now....)
I do not share pics, because it could be shredded to pieces by comments, although it is as straight as an arrow. Special car being one of only a few original Highway Patrol cars. It is not a cheque book build, but true enthusiast build and AMC.

I might be contradicting myself here, and so be it, lets get back to core bussiness guys!

The End.
Andre, I would love to see pics of your fathers Fairmont GT,and I think most members would agree!
BTW,you say there are no more interesting threads on the forum,so start one then! ;)
1969 Camaro Drag-Car:Best et:9.35@233kph.
1967 Camaro Pro-Touring:under construction.

Viper Cape

Post by Viper Cape » Tue 26 Feb 2013, 22:52

Make love not war! (your partners and not each other) :lol:

ters

Post by ters » Tue 26 Feb 2013, 22:59

Bigblock496 wrote:

With that I do not discourage American, Japanese, German, hybrid builds, etc threads, good on you, intresting but thats just that, but is the tail not wagging the dog. Has the AMC's vanished?

My Old Man has been building yet another Fairmont GT over the last couple of years, meticiously, step by step, bit by bit, on a Post office pension, from nothing... (yes we have quite a couple now....)
I do not share pics, because it could be shredded to pieces by comments, although it is as straight as an arrow. Special car being one of only a few original Highway Patrol cars. It is not a cheque book build, but true enthusiast build and AMC.

I might be contradicting myself here, and so be it, lets get back to core bussiness guys!

The End.
Andre, I would love to see pics of your fathers Fairmont GT,and I think most members would agree!
BTW,you say there are no more interesting threads on the forum,so start one then! ;)
Please do post photos! I did not know the GT's were used for Highway Patrol? Know of the Studebakers, Valiants and later Skyline GTX's used as squad cars....

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

gordini

Post by gordini » Wed 27 Feb 2013, 09:22

ters wrote:
Bigblock496 wrote:

The End.
Please do post photos! I did not know the GT's were used for Highway Patrol? Know of the Studebakers, Valiants and later Skyline GTX's used as squad cars....

Ters.
And Datsun Laurels... ;) ;)
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

FPT

Post by FPT » Wed 27 Feb 2013, 09:24

Thank you for your replies guys.

Sorry, I think I came over a bit to strong. :oops:

Will start a thread on the GT build, actually do not have many photo's of the build and the car is almost complete now.

Bigblock, maybe I expressed myself wrong with no interesting threads, what I actually mend was very few regarding AMC's.

So........ Finished throwing a tantrum, sorry again, lets move on!
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

gordini

Post by gordini » Wed 27 Feb 2013, 09:51

FPT wrote:
So........ Finished throwing a tantrum, sorry again, lets move on!
;) ;)
my boy.jpg
my boy.jpg (4.3 KiB) Viewed 4326 times
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

Social Media