When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
zahistorics

Please!

Post by zahistorics » Sun 24 Feb 2013, 21:39

Hi all.

It is getting really tiring reading rude, uncivil, sarcastic, and sometimes vulgar posts.

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't give you the right to be rude.

You are most welcome to raise points in reasonable way. You can be robust and strong in defence of your point of view. That way we all learn. Some of us may be proven wrong, but we will be educated and know why we were wrong. Some things will always remain opinions, and connot be proven one way or the other. Accept things like that with good grace.

If you are wrong, or not, angry or upset, don't lash out, or stomp off in a huff. Chill out, think things through. Then post.

Some new people arrive, and omit to introduce themselves properly. The idea when this happens in not to crap all over them, rather some gentle reminders. If they get uppity some firm reminders usually do the trick. There are number of good regulars here who started off on the wrong foot forgetting an intro, but they are now firm friends.

Regarding people asking prices for parts and cars - quite frankly, if you are not actually interested in buying the item, the price is of no concern to you. Either the advertiser will get their price or they won't. If you are intrested then a polite PM or post enquiring if the price is negotiable is all that is needed. I think the only reasonable exception is if a seller is really seriously shortchanging themselves and you may want to give them a heads up.

The same goes for services offered or requested - be reasonable.

Think before you hit that submit button. Would you be happy if if you were on the receiving end? Will you be proud or ashamed to be reminded of your post tomorrow or next year? Once you have submitted go an read what you have posted. The edit button is there to save you from those over hasty responses.

We want this forum to grow and for even more people to discover the joys of our old cars.

Please be nice.

Thanks

zahistorics

Re: Please!

Post by zahistorics » Mon 25 Feb 2013, 06:49

And thanks so much to those who do try, and thanks to those who sy thanks, and thanks to those who are prepared to say sorry. :D

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Mon 25 Feb 2013, 06:55

Thanks John. I agree it is better to be nice and have a happy forum. :D
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Mon 25 Feb 2013, 07:25

zahistorics wrote:Hi all.

It is getting really tiring reading rude, uncivil, sarcastic, and sometimes vulgar posts.

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't give you the right to be rude.

You are most welcome to raise points in reasonable way. You can be robust and strong in defence of your point of view. That way we all learn. Some of us may be proven wrong, but we will be educated and know why we were wrong. Some things will always remain opinions, and connot be proven one way or the other. Accept things like that with good grace.

If you are wrong, or not, angry or upset, don't lash out, or stomp off in a huff. Chill out, think things through. Then post.

Some new people arrive, and omit to introduce themselves properly. The idea when this happens in not to crap all over them, rather some gentle reminders. If they get uppity some firm reminders usually do the trick. There are number of good regulars here who started off on the wrong foot forgetting an intro, but they are now firm friends.

Regarding people asking prices for parts and cars - quite frankly, if you are not actually interested in buying the item, the price is of no concern to you. Either the advertiser will get their price or they won't. If you are intrested then a polite PM or post enquiring if the price is negotiable is all that is needed. I think the only reasonable exception is if a seller is really seriously shortchanging themselves and you may want to give them a heads up.

The same goes for services offered or requested - be reasonable.

Think before you hit that submit button. Would you be happy if if you were on the receiving end? Will you be proud or ashamed to be reminded of your post tomorrow or next year? Once you have submitted go an read what you have posted. The edit button is there to save you from those over hasty responses.

We want this forum to grow and for even more people to discover the joys of our old cars.

Please be nice.

Thanks
I guess I wont win any prizes for guessing which topic prompted this post... :D If I can add one thing to the above it would be this, sure some people dont introduce themselves but I would say 99.9% of members here are enthusiasts who dont use the forum to further commercial interests, lets try and keep it this way.

Personally I dont see anything wrong with some robust debate...
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Mon 25 Feb 2013, 07:34

ZA Perana wrote:I guess I wont win any prizes for guessing which topic prompted this post..
You would be wrong. It is multiple issues over the last while.

FPT

Post by FPT » Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:55

And the issues persist..... :cry:

I have just start posting on here after a very long while of visiting but no postings because of either Childish bickering or Grumpy old man moaning.

The one posts too much for sale, the other thinks his car is Heavenly gift to Muscle, the next just bitches to ... Well bitch!

I will be turning to a more mature forum like "How to ride your tricycle" for a while untill things settle down again, and adultwood returns.

Do not answer my reply, as most of my comments seem inferior to the better informed, later entered members find my inputs.

Sorry moderators but this is my feel on this at the moment....

Are we here to support each others adiction to cars, not to put each other down like when we were driving 50cc bikes and Chopper bikes back in the day....

Talk later.... :? :o :| :cry:
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

FPT

Post by FPT » Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:31

Sorry not finished moaning....

The folowing just came to thought aswell...

When last was there some proper AMC threads?

With that I do not discourage American, Japanese, German, hybrid builds, etc threads, good on you, intresting but thats just that, but is the tail not wagging the dog. Has the AMC's vanished?

My Old Man has been building yet another Fairmont GT over the last couple of years, meticiously, step by step, bit by bit, on a Post office pension, from nothing... (yes we have quite a couple now....)
I do not share pics, because it could be shredded to pieces by comments, although it is as straight as an arrow. Special car being one of only a few original Highway Patrol cars. It is not a cheque book build, but true enthusiast build and AMC.

I might be contradicting myself here, and so be it, lets get back to core bussiness guys!

The End.
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

ROBBINATOR

Post by ROBBINATOR » Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:31

ZA...point taken!! :)

It is a given that there are many knowledgeable persons on this forum and some just 'profess' they are....a lot of the aggressive responses are stoked....some people deliberately nit-pick to provoke a response so it is two-sided.
I can understand if a newb comes on here and his first post is abrasive, then yes, he needs to be put in check but when he gets grilled because he missed the Yellow bar or the 'R' in XR8 is slightly faded then thats another gig altogether..

I am sure this thread is directed at all parties (hope so)....both oldies and newbies and I am probably guilty at times so I ball up and apologise guys!!

Awesome forum nontheless!!

Cheers....Robbie.
EXPERIENCE.....tells you that a Tomato is a fruit.
WISDOM....tells you that it does not go in a fruit salad.
GOOGLE....can help avoid your customer's car from burning out and then been summonsed to court.

ters

Post by ters » Tue 26 Feb 2013, 07:58

:|

You say the car is blue. I say the car is green. You think you are right, I think I am right. Neither of us are prepared to alter our belief. We must respect each other, and allow the other an opinion. Then again, you are entitled to your wrong opinion.... :roll: We know that we disagree, however we should realize that the difference between a blue car and a green car should not hinder our ability to keep a cordial discussion.

Moderators, will you allow me to post in this thread as per suggestion: http://www.africanmusclecars.com/forum/ ... 7&start=20
or start a new one? I think we should have a larger orange bar (or is it dark yellow..? :) ) with
some more guidelines what is expected of forum members, and not tollerated.

eg.Welcome to the African Muscle Car forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give advice and converse about any other aspects of motoring with other enthusiasts. Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in this forum.
The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Also, suspension or banishment from this site will always result in the same, in regard to forum access. Your access to this forum is dependant on mutual respect shown. AMC reserves the right to suspend your access to this
forum at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines.
We will evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The following is regarded as unacceptable;

Racial / Ethnic discrimination.
Extreme Sexuality.
Impersonation.
Vulgar Inappropriate Language.
Religious/non religious, Political defamatory remarks.
Spamming.
Inappropiate behaviour towards other members.

I am not trying to overhaul the forum, merely a suggestion....

Ters.
Last edited by ters on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

ters

Post by ters » Tue 26 Feb 2013, 08:03

Some of us may not know this, (only found out myself a week ago... :oops: ), the
red exclamation icon on the right hand bottom of every post, is a quick report of
a post you want to make a moderator aware of......

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

Social Media