Racing Bakkie ???

Post any parts or cars here that you discovered that could be useful to other forum members in future.
vanz2

Racing Bakkie ???

Post by vanz2 » Thu 15 Nov 2012, 19:36

Gunter

Re: Racing Bakkie ???

Post by Gunter » Fri 16 Nov 2012, 19:53

Yep, thats what it is ;)
RACECAR spelt backwards spells RACECAR.....

ROBBINATOR

Post by ROBBINATOR » Sat 17 Nov 2012, 09:12

Gunter wrote:Yep, thats what it is ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers....Robbie.
EXPERIENCE.....tells you that a Tomato is a fruit.
WISDOM....tells you that it does not go in a fruit salad.
GOOGLE....can help avoid your customer's car from burning out and then been summonsed to court.

gordini

Post by gordini » Sat 17 Nov 2012, 09:53

No website 8O 8O 8O
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Sun 18 Nov 2012, 04:00

Domain is registered to:

Prostreet Originals - High Performance Auto Parts Cc
Unit 2/3 997 Richards Drive
Midrand 1685

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Sun 18 Nov 2012, 04:33

more:

Director is Grant van Schalkwyk.

The yellow truck has been around for quite a long time, these articles are from 2009:

http://saracer.co.za/index.php/news-top ... -announced
http://www.bdlive.co.za/articles/2009/0 ... ie-brigade

I cannot find any more recent info.

Gunter

Post by Gunter » Sun 18 Nov 2012, 08:39

I can help.......

Its my bakkie (on my trailer and Vito) - the Grant van Schalkwyk project never materialized due to various reasons.

Over the same period i was very busy with a new racing series/concept/idea - did 1000's of hours of investigating and did a very intense study of ALL forms of motorsport worldwide from South America to Australia , F1 to oval track racing.....what makes a certain form of motorsport 'work' (by working i mean full fields of competitors and a big fan base/following) and what makes it fail. Actually some very interesting facts came out of all of this...

Anyway,back to the bakkie...As we are a 'bakkie nation' - i also felt that a bakkie series would be the way to go.

The most important hurdle has been overcome - securing the support and signing a supply contract from a top Nascar Sprint car team to purchase there endless supply of 'only once used items' that would be relevant products
(rims,diff,steering box,wishbones etc)

The initial step was to either purchase a Nastruck or build a 'test mule' and test various products....this is where the Grant van Schalkwyk 'still born' bakkie comes into play. A Nastruck is dimensionally too big and to build a test mule would be time consuming - although nothing under the skin of the yellow bakkie will be used in the final version i had 1) something that is + - dimensionally correct and 2) saved myself about 6 months worth of time if i was to start from a clean sheet of paper to build a test mule.

The bakkie will be going thru various stages of testing and changes - initial track test i did early last week was 'as is' with the turbo charged 4 cylinder engine to determine certain chassis related trials.

The picture posted by Van2 was a few hours of the engine,gearbox etc had been removed.
Right now the bakkie is heading up north and will have a Lexus V8 fitted within the next few weeks - then returned for stage 2 of the testing process.

Once testing is completed,i will be traveling to the States early next year and be purchasing components for the first 10 x bakkies, once ALL 10 are build (and lets say the HUGE mountains that i am aware and some that i am unaware of are overcome!) we will only launch the concept - no racing will take place before 20 are completed.

So AMC - you are the very first to know!!!!! - if you guys are keen to follow the process, i will be more than happy to post updates of the project as we go.
RACECAR spelt backwards spells RACECAR.....

ROBBINATOR

Post by ROBBINATOR » Sun 18 Nov 2012, 09:00

So you were right in the 2nd post of this thread Gunther.....it is a racing bakkie!! :lol:

So AMC - you are the very first to know!!!!! - if you guys are keen to follow the process, i will be more than happy to post updates of the project as we go.

Hell Yeah!!...I am sure I speak for others too ( :oops: ) so please do keep us posted of the progress.. :D

Cheers....Robbie.
EXPERIENCE.....tells you that a Tomato is a fruit.
WISDOM....tells you that it does not go in a fruit salad.
GOOGLE....can help avoid your customer's car from burning out and then been summonsed to court.

Bigblock496

Post by Bigblock496 » Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:18

Oooo yes,I'm with Robbie,please keep us posted! 8)
If I may ask Gunter,in your studies,did you ever uncover why drag racing has never taken off in SA as it has in other parts of the world? Heck,you must see the drag cars in Norway,Scandinavia and Sweden! 8O 8O 8O
1969 Camaro Drag-Car:Best et:9.35@233kph.
1967 Camaro Pro-Touring:under construction.

gordini

Post by gordini » Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:37

Thanks for the info Gunter...and that the AMC forum is one of the "chosen few" 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

Social Media