Intro

A place where new members can introduce themselves and the forum members can get to know them.
Forum rules
Please the introduction first.

When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Include your real location in your user profie please.
Wazza

Intro

Post by Wazza » Thu 23 Nov 2017, 21:35

Hey everyone, the name's Warren and I'm from Durban. I don't know an awful lot about cars (mechanically) except that I have loved the look and sound of muscle cars ever since I was about 10 years old.

I was lucky enough to own a '69 Ford Capri 1600GT as my very fisrt car at 19 years old. I found it in the junk mail going for around R13k in 2007 if I remember correctly. The body was really good and it had been repainted, albeit not the best of jobs. The engine wasn't fantastic and it had almost no power (going up steep hills was a challenge). Unfortunately I had to sell it 2 years later as I went to the UK for a couple years. I could kick myself now for letting her go.

Anyway I am now looking at getting something else, preferably a V8. I have just recently pulled the trigger on a decent looking Ford Ranchero V8. body looks exceptional for its age. Unfortunately as I work offshore on a contract basis, I haven't had the chance to see it in person. Now after putting down a deposit to secure the vehicle for when I return next week, the seller has told me about a meter long scratch on the one side of the vehicle, something that wasn't mentioned before. He says its not serious so I'm not too worried. However now he is telling me the distributor pick up has burnt out while changing the battery. I am suddenly starting to get a sour taste in my mouth about the deal and am thinking of cancelling it, specially considering I have to pick the vehicle up in PTA and drive it back to Durban.

Anyway I hope to become regularly active on this forum. Once I do get my hands on a muscle car, I will be sure to post pics and I'm sure I will need alot of advice.

Cheers

ZA Perana

Re: Intro

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 24 Nov 2017, 07:10

Wazza wrote:
Thu 23 Nov 2017, 21:35
Hey everyone, the name's Warren and I'm from Durban. I don't know an awful lot about cars (mechanically) except that I have loved the look and sound of muscle cars ever since I was about 10 years old.

I was lucky enough to own a '69 Ford Capri 1600GT as my very fisrt car at 19 years old. I found it in the junk mail going for around R13k in 2007 if I remember correctly. The body was really good and it had been repainted, albeit not the best of jobs. The engine wasn't fantastic and it had almost no power (going up steep hills was a challenge). Unfortunately I had to sell it 2 years later as I went to the UK for a couple years. I could kick myself now for letting her go.

Anyway I am now looking at getting something else, preferably a V8. I have just recently pulled the trigger on a decent looking Ford Ranchero V8. body looks exceptional for its age. Unfortunately as I work offshore on a contract basis, I haven't had the chance to see it in person. Now after putting down a deposit to secure the vehicle for when I return next week, the seller has told me about a meter long scratch on the one side of the vehicle, something that wasn't mentioned before. He says its not serious so I'm not too worried. However now he is telling me the distributor pick up has burnt out while changing the battery. I am suddenly starting to get a sour taste in my mouth about the deal and am thinking of cancelling it, specially considering I have to pick the vehicle up in PTA and drive it back to Durban.

Anyway I hope to become regularly active on this forum. Once I do get my hands on a muscle car, I will be sure to post pics and I'm sure I will need alot of advice.

Cheers
Welcome to the forum.

In terms of experts, Rassie on the forum is a Ford expert and he is based near Durban. What year is the Ranchero?
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Wazza

Re: Intro

Post by Wazza » Fri 24 Nov 2017, 20:15

ZA Perana wrote:
Wazza wrote:
Thu 23 Nov 2017, 21:35

Cheers
Welcome to the forum.

In terms of experts, Rassie on the forum is a Ford expert and he is based near Durban. What year is the Ranchero?
Thanks. Yeah funny enough I met Rassie years ago when I had my Capri so I've been bending his ear about the issue I'm having. It's a 1973 Ranchero. I'll post some pictures when I get it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Social Media