New outjie on the turf

A place where new members can introduce themselves and the forum members can get to know them.
Forum rules
Please the introduction first.

When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Include your real location in your user profie please.
Bokke_ond

New outjie on the turf

Post by Bokke_ond » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 16:05

Howzit everyone....just came across this forum , by a lucky chance, while surfing through the web...and who knows, this might just be the perfect spot, to meet my expectations, when it comes to my all time, crazy hobby....I'm a proud born South African, living overseas these days & I'm always on the hunt, for new additions to my man cave collection....which is those elusive, black on yellow number plates, from our former 4 provinces...maybe some out there can throw some lekker pointers, on how to find & get hold of them....Beste groete vir almal!
Attachments
HPIM2150.JPG
HPIM2150.JPG (883.85 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
HPIM2151.JPG
HPIM2151.JPG (907.13 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
HPIM2152.JPG
HPIM2152.JPG (904.13 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
HPIM2153.JPG
HPIM2153.JPG (928.73 KiB) Viewed 4028 times

ters

Re: New outjie on the turf

Post by ters » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 16:25

Welkom Bokke down onder! Impressive collection!

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

werner

Post by werner » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 19:35

Welcome Bokke,

Unfortunately I chucked my Wing's TJ numberplate away before I knew people do collect it.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 19:44

Welcome, great collection. I wonder where CFH is, that particular caught my eye.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Scorpionman

Post by Scorpionman » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 20:37

Welcome. Nice collection. Hope you like your stay here

CFH - Kakamas
1961 Alfa Giulietta Sprint
1971 Fiat 124 BC Coupe
1975 Fiat 132 GLS

Bokke_ond

Post by Bokke_ond » Sun 22 Apr 2018, 18:48

Thanks everyone for the lekker heads up....always trying my very best to upgrade my collection, though the chances are quite scarce and very limited, especially through any online device, such as Ebay...

Even back home, my search revealed to be rather hopeless & almost a sort of wild goose chase....rocked down in Jo'burg for a couple of weeks in October, to visit the family & while there, saved a day, to cruise deep into town, 2 check some of the local junkyards, which took me all the way 2 some sketchy spots in Booysens...no oldies were to be found, but got hold of a few GP´S & one from Botswana....

So by joining this forum, I'm keeping my hopes high, that I just might get some pointers, on where to search & which doors to knock....someone actually told me, in order to get hold of military & police number plates, I should take a sneak peek, on a government garage or something....or try the local DMV &try my luck....The elusive number plates from the former homelands, are the ones that I'm really on the look out...

So if anyone out there, member of this forum or not, has some top notch info, on where to get hold of the Holy Graal, that would be very much appreciated...

Beste groete vir almal..

Roger

Social Media