A place where new members can introduce themselves and the forum members can get to know them.
Forum rules
Please the introduction first.

When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Include your real location in your user profie please.
maxman

Post by maxman » Fri 18 Dec 2009, 11:04

Hi to all

Nice to see a well supported forum here in SA.
A brief history on my petrolhead adventures:
First car i drove was my dads clapped out '72 ranchero with a HOT 351C in it, I was too small to see over the dash properly but i knew that this was what I wanted. Years passed and I had a few JAPSCRAP cars and then started to work building Cobra replicas......
That got me started.. Due to funds , my first project was a bike , A hard tail choppper with a gsx1100 suzuki motor in it.... Worked on it long and hard and then finally rode it and scared myself so bad I never rode the thing again. HardTail bikes and african roads dont mix too well - Add in a race tuned 1100 motor and it makes it worse. So I did the sensible thing and bought a bigger bike a 1200 Vmax.

Fast forward a few years and I was on the hunt for a Fairlane 500 , but could not find one in decent shape. Then a buddy of mine told me about a nice Fairmont GT that he knew of for sale. I rushed out to Simon who was kind enough to sell it to me.... Happy days .. although I am sure he regrets selling it to me for such a low price. Drove that as my daily driver for about a year and then bought a new car to run about in and the GT was for weekends.

I always was looking for a "genuine" muscle car though and I saw a bargain for a '70 Cougar on Moby302's site so I had to have it. Lots of work on that one and now I unfortunatly have to sell the CAT to pay for some restoration on the GT and a new kitchen for the missus.

I have loads of other projects in mind but here are a few that will probably make it.
1) a lotus 7 ( chassis done and donor car already stripped)
2) my dad's 1960 Velocette 350 ( all parts cleaned ... now to paint and assemble)
3) a Repliaca of a 1955 Jaguar "D" Type - BMW suspension and Toyota straight six power
4) a chopped up bug with flipped front suspension and air ride suspension.

Thats all for now
'71 XW Fairmont GT (silver fox)
'96 Yamaha Vmax (muscle bike)

Insomnia

Re: New Member

Post by Insomnia » Fri 18 Dec 2009, 14:22

Welcome aboard MAXMAN.

HKGTS186S

Re: New Member

Post by HKGTS186S » Fri 18 Dec 2009, 15:20

Welcome maxman 8)
AUS Muscle and RSA Muscle closely related !!!

Social Media