hello from Ireland

A place where new members can introduce themselves and the forum members can get to know them.
Forum rules
Please the introduction first.

When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Include your real location in your user profie please.
corktina

hello from Ireland

Post by corktina » Sat 29 May 2010, 11:02

Hi there..you may already have met my son V6MAT on here but I popped in as I thought someone might be able to help with new seat covers for my Cortina 3.0S (Green Cadiz)

Ale06

Re: hello from Ireland

Post by Ale06 » Sat 29 May 2010, 12:42

Hello CorKtina! Nice to see you here mate.
If you change the trim of your "S", please dont forget me!!! I want it :D :D :D
Eternal Life King Taunus and Queen Cortina

corktina

Post by corktina » Tue 01 Jun 2010, 22:00

Im offf to find a forum freindlier to new members looking for help from fellow car fans....judging by another thread on here...this isnt a nice place to be....

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Tue 01 Jun 2010, 22:17

Corktina, Welcome.

If your car is the one I am thinking of it is a great car. I suppose there can't be too many green 3.0 S in Ireland.

[Edit: I've PMed Corktina - hopefully he will be back]

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Tue 01 Jun 2010, 23:10

corktina wrote:Im offf to find a forum freindlier to new members looking for help from fellow car fans....judging by another thread on here...this isnt a nice place to be....
Hi Corktina, First of all I would like to apologise if some members offended you. It is by no means the case, although in reading some of the posts it may sound like it. Generally we're a nice bunch of petrol heads who love cars.
I also want to welcome you to the forum and trust that you will find it interesting, informative and a place where you can share your experiences with your ride. Please reconsider your withdrawal, I'm sure whatever was said/written wasnt done in a way to offend anyone.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers,
Daan

bortaf

Post by bortaf » Thu 03 Jun 2010, 00:22

Na it's OK Corky they are nice chaps on here, it's just they made such nice cars everyone else has been taking em out the country for years and now there's hardly any left, a victim of thier own automotive success mate, not something we really know about having been sold pretty low spec models (read crap) :lol:
I will admit it is an underlying theme on here and it did make me feel uncomfortable at first so i sort of know where your coming from and as soon as i saw that other post i thought the same as you but i've been here a bit longer and just take it as a bi yearly moan with no actuall target just a release of frustration, you have to remember they don't know i've been talking about this site to other enthusiasts like ALE06 and yourself so you probably feel like you know them better than they know you if you follow me ?
Give em a chance they don't know and love you like what we does :mrgreen:
and can't know the love you have for the "fake" (sorry an "in joke" there chaps, a knickname i gave the 3.0S after a show where it was declared to be a fake by an 'expert' cos "ford never made a 3.0S" :lol: ) it's actually a very well know car in the UK cortina scene as is Mr Corktina (see i called you Mr so you HAVE to come back now) pluss these guys aint cortina only nutters like us :oops:

FPT

Post by FPT » Thu 03 Jun 2010, 07:26

Cortinas are really not available as you may think over here. Most of them have been misused. To find a really clean example is not that easy. As I replied to Aleo's post you would struggle to find a good original interior bits.
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

Social Media