modifying a ford 3.4 v6

Post any technical questions, FAQs or tutorials in this section
1IRS2NV-GP

modifying a ford 3.4 v6

Post by 1IRS2NV-GP » Thu 22 Oct 2015, 09:24

Hi ppl. I need help with Modifying my motor. It's got the uprated black block ford v6 3.4 motor. Not the jt conversion one, but the original ford motor. I already started sourcing parts for it. And btw....its fuel injected and running a dictator management. I already have solid lifters and a 280 degree cam that was done by Van der linde. So....with that said...give me advice to make this baby run. And I want to keep it normal aspirated. Thanks...

Glen

Re: modifying a ford 3.4 v6

Post by Glen » Thu 22 Oct 2015, 18:33

1IRS2NV-GP wrote:Hi ppl. I need help with Modifying my motor. It's got the uprated black block ford v6 3.4 motor. Not the jt conversion one, but the original ford motor. I already started sourcing parts for it. And btw....its fuel injected and running a dictator management. I already have solid lifters and a 280 degree cam that was done by Van der linde. So....with that said...give me advice to make this baby run. And I want to keep it normal aspirated. Thanks...

i would start by stripping the motor and go throught the whole tutti frutti get C.R. up many ways and lighten all the reciprocating parts internal / knife crank lots of things u able to do also run 60-2 distributorless coil pack system gains there as well

1IRS2NV-GP

Re: modifying a ford 3.4 v6

Post by 1IRS2NV-GP » Sat 24 Oct 2015, 07:42

Cool. Already have the dictator std in there. Don't wanna change from that. Would like to keep the original distributor. I have heard of Mercedes pistons being used in the v6 engines. Will the piston need to be machined to allow valve clearance? Also who is good in gas flowing heads in durban?

Social Media