Chev Truck

Post any technical questions, FAQs or tutorials in this section
MBONGO1972

Chev Truck

Post by MBONGO1972 » Wed 15 Feb 2017, 17:03

Saw this in the Free State but the problem is that it doesn't have papers, it is complete with a 4100 engine. How can one revive such a car.
Attachments
CHEV TRUCK2.jpg
CHEV TRUCK2.jpg (181.78 KiB) Viewed 3378 times

zahistorics

Re: Chev Truck

Post by zahistorics » Tue 21 Feb 2017, 03:21

To get papers is a bit of a mission but not impossible.

This is how it was a few years ago. I am in the UK, things may have changed a bit since. There may be other requirements.

First you need a police clearance. Police must inspect the vehicle to check the engine number and chassis number have not been changed. They then send off those numbers off to check that it has never been reported stolen. Normally you have to take the vehicle to SAPS, but given its size, and if it is nearer a small town, they might come to the vehicle if you ask very nicely.

Once you have a clearance, you need that, and an invoice, and ID to prove you own the vehicle and off to the licensing office and fill forms. If possible hire an agent to do this. they know what to do and will save you lots of trouble.

It can be a bit of a nightmare, but take it slow, be nice to the government employees. Every instruction they give you, write down. Try and get people's names, in a nice way, so you can say Mr or Mrs x said this to me, can you check with them please.

That will get you a registration, and a licence. But you won't get a licence disk till it has been for CoR.

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Tue 21 Feb 2017, 15:52

I can get papers for a price, it's not hard. Just make sure when you purchase you do an affidavit at the police station with the names of both parties to verify the sale. Must have both parties copies of ID certified.

It costs a few grand to get it done, a decent amount of hoops to jump through, but it is doable. Then hope there is no back penalties etc ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johann65

Post by Johann65 » Sun 26 Feb 2017, 14:35

Shaughn wrote:I can get papers for a price, it's not hard. Just make sure when you purchase you do an affidavit at the police station with the names of both parties to verify the sale. Must have both parties copies of ID certified.
It costs a few grand to get it done, a decent amount of hoops to jump through, but it is doable. Then hope there is no back penalties etc ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can save yourself a lot of money by getting an executers letter. End of having to buy your way! That letter is the Law! and cannot be cooked!
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

MBONGO1972

Post by MBONGO1972 » Thu 06 Apr 2017, 16:02

Thank you all

Social Media