what are my carburettor clips called?

Post any technical questions, FAQs or tutorials in this section
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu 01 Nov 2012, 18:32
Location: Bookham, Surrey, England

what are my carburettor clips called?

Post by docjohn » Tue 27 Jul 2021, 17:33

The Ball & Ball carb on my 1969 Barracuda has rods connected to the links by little tiny springy wire clips. They're shaped like figure eight with a gap so you can push them onto the groove in the rod with pliers. So they're not exactly circlips which are E-shaped. What are these wire clips called?

I ask because I've discovered a clip like this has recently fallen off and been lost in the engine bay! I could get a pack of new ones on the internet if I knew what they were called.

Or....would a circlip be a better option? Are they made that small (rod diameter = 48thou, groove diameter obviously less than this)?
/6 Valiant Barracuda from RSA

User avatar
Posts: 4286
Joined: Thu 19 Jan 2012, 19:39
Location: Pretoria

Re: what are my carburettor clips called?

Post by ters » Tue 27 Jul 2021, 17:43

Ball Joint Security Clips ;)

steel-ball-joint-connector-type-2.jpg (34.35 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

Post Reply

Social Media


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests