1972 Plymouth Cuda

Put links to cars and parts for sale on gumtree, junkmail etc. here
WCC

1972 Plymouth Cuda

Post by WCC » Sat 23 Dec 2017, 10:04

You rarely if ever see these come up for sale in SA.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-classic-vin ... 0377162609

Waterhond

Re: 1972 Plymouth Cuda

Post by Waterhond » Sat 23 Dec 2017, 18:56

This is a very good example of what really is going on. This car is not a Hemi, but advertised as such. And many will most likely jump at the opportunity to buy the car just because of that little magic word mentioned in the ad.

Pieter

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 23 Dec 2017, 22:57

WOW! 8O

Stunning car....have to be honest I think the price is fair BUT I would want to know what motor this had in it originally. AAR is a nice tribute too.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

WCC

Post by WCC » Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:14

I also think the price is fair considering the cost of importing one and the parts used - MOPAR parts aren’t cheap and after shipping and duties things quickly add up. Also consider that this one is available now. How many have actually been offered for sale to the general public in the last few years i.e. not via a contact who knows somebody? Personally I know of only two, being the green ‘72 and this one.
Of course, this is all assuming that the car is properly licensed.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:52

WCC wrote:
Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:14
I also think the price is fair considering the cost of importing one and the parts used - MOPAR parts aren’t cheap and after shipping and duties things quickly add up. Also consider that this one is available now. How many have actually been offered for sale to the general public in the last few years i.e. not via a contact who knows somebody? Personally I know of only two, being the green ‘72 and this one.
There was also a silver one.....or is that the one you own? :D
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

WCC

Post by WCC » Sun 24 Dec 2017, 16:18

ZA Perana wrote:
Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:52
WCC wrote:
Nope, I think that silver one was Bryce’s car but didn't know it was for sale publicly.
The one I bought was also not for sale and tucked away as part of a collection, but I got to hear of it via a friend and was lucky enough to buy it in the end. :D That’s typically how they change hands - all ‘under the covers’ so to speak. :lol:

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 24 Dec 2017, 18:39

WCC wrote:
Sun 24 Dec 2017, 16:18
ZA Perana wrote:
Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:52
WCC wrote:
Nope, I think that silver one was Bryce’s car but didn't know it was for sale publicly.
The one I bought was also not for sale and tucked away as part of a collection, but I got to hear of it via a friend and was lucky enough to buy it in the end. :D That’s typically how they change hands - all ‘under the covers’ so to speak. :lol:
The silver one was originally owned by a guy in CT, was for sale for quite some time.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

roelb

Post by roelb » Sun 24 Dec 2017, 18:55

ZA, I agree with you. Beautifull car, but as an AAR tribute there is a lot missing.
If you spend all this money to do a tribute, at least get the wheels,grill, bonnet, steering, brakes correct.
Make no mistake, I would love to have it, but imagine that was a genuine '72 340 car. Worth far more than a tribute car in my opinion....
'72 Roadrunner GTX 440 4 speed
'66 Fury 3 318 Wagon 3 speed
'90 Twincam 16V Corolla GLi Exc

irpac

Post by irpac » Mon 25 Dec 2017, 23:03

If only I could afford it.....displays very nice
“Out of all the things I have lost,I miss my sense of humor the most.”

Social Media