Post by Leonvdb » Wed 04 Dec 2013, 06:24

I don't think he is going to buy an e-tag
Attachments
image0031.jpg
image0031.jpg (62.06 KiB) Viewed 2122 times

First V8

Re: 30c/km!!

Post by First V8 » Wed 04 Dec 2013, 16:22

For those on FB here is a link to CAT ( Cars against Tolls ) or Bat ( Bikes against Tolls )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/423155344460544/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/355014721265678/

I have been joining the protest rides in my Lumina .
2010 Chev Lumina SS
1968 Chevy Impala (SOLD)
1968 Vw Beetle ( SOLD)
1963 Mini Pick Up ( Exported to UK )

Burnthosetyres

Post by Burnthosetyres » Wed 04 Dec 2013, 19:02

We also jumped on the humor band wagon.....
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (129.58 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

gordini

Post by gordini » Thu 05 Dec 2013, 09:51

Copied from the Campfire forum...dis flippen snaaks :lol: :lol:

I swiped this off a comment on one of the e toll articles.
I have my doubts as to whether it’s true, but it gave me a good chuckle anyway:

“Public Servant News Network Pretoria
Public Servant News Network Pretoria • How about this from a Rental Company: "So as many of you know I work for one of the largest car rental companies in S.A. We have complied with E-Toll and fitted all of our rental vehicles with the tags. This morning we have already had our first inquiry from SANRAL with regards to a vehicle. The vehicle, which is a Hyundai i10 was stated to be higher than 4.3m when passing through one of the E-Toll's - upon looking into this we noticed that the vehicle had been written off 4 months ago and still not removed from their system as requested - Secondly the vehicle was on top of flat bed tow truck."
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:07

Tall order that I10.
Attachments
E-SLAP.JPG
E-SLAP.JPG (135.33 KiB) Viewed 2067 times

gordini

Post by gordini » Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:55

Also from Campfire:

• HOW TO LEGALLY NOT PAY FOR eTOLLSSo by way of a public service announcement, here is a 100% legal, fully above board way to NOT pay e-tolls....1) Do not buy an eTag.2) After the first 4-6 weeks of passing through toll gantries, send SANRAL a registered letter, expressing your concern, that for the last 4- 6 weeks you have not received a payment request from them. You must state that you are COMPLETELY willing to pay the toll fees, but this cannot be carried out without a detailed invoice. Unreliable postal services could be to blame, so please would they send you your invoice by registered mail, to ensure you receive it. (This is a fully legal AARTO requirement for any letter of demand.)3) Make a photocopy of your letter, get a COMMISSIONER OF OATHS to stamp the copy, and keep your registered mail receipt. Such a request could take months to be settled, and if you are fortunate, never at all due to the sheer volume of similar requests received. Should you finally receive a notification that a registered letter has arrived for you, take as long as possible to collect it. This method is based upon the fact that they do not use registered mail to send invoices. If one considers the past history of all traffic fines received, these all arrive by normal mail to prevent the high costs of registering letters.4)Should SANRAL surprisingly, after a lengthy period, comply with (2) above, then send them a second CERTIFIED letter by registered post, requesting that they send you a photograph for every single gantry you have passed under for that month, proving that is was your car you that is being invoiced.( Perfectly legal and reasonable request from any motorist ). Such photographs obviously, you must request to also be sent by registered mail to ensure delivery. Also takes weeks to collect such registered mail, should it in the unlikely event, ever be posted. Explain that you have heard that certain motorists are using illegal false number plates and you therefore require the photographs to prove that it is definitely your cat that is being charged. Such a request could takes months to be settled, or if you are very fortunate, never. Consider the sheer volume of requests they should by now have received. If their system is not set up for such requests, which I am almost positive is the case. (Hope I am not wrong on this one) Can you imagine the difficulties and problem they will have, in trying to MANUALLY comply with the thousands upon thousands of similar requests received. To be really difficult, how about querying some of the less clear photographs taken at night. Even if they come back to you asserting that the photographs are in their opinion, all perfectly readable, further delays will have been successfully applied.5) Should SANRAL try to speed up communications by requesting your e-mail or fax number, or send you SMS’s, or trying direct contact by phone, I have considered very simple ways of negating each of such requests. I am not mentioning any of these methods, as I want to keep this article 100% above board, and free of any questionable actions.6)In the unlikely event that all the above somehow be resolved, than obviously pay, but only for that particular month under review.7)Start the whole lengthy procedure all over again, 4-6 weeks after the termination of the second month’s toll fees due. Continue with the same, for every individual month that follows.Shouldnt take long for the whole system to fall over, if just 10% of the drivers do this,.....

--
In my old age...

From Malmesbury

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:06

My commute to work is about 42 kms of witch the last 13 is on the N12. There is only one gate that is not working yet. From work there is no gate that I pass through before taking the offramp. So far I use the toll roads for free. :lol:
Gé Davids
1958 Ford Prefect
1979 Ford Mustang Fastback
Bring back the Ford that chases Porsche's for a living, the 5.0 lives again!

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:09

Tjo.
R14 484 161.23 collected by 07:38am
Attachments
EtollRRRR.JPG
EtollRRRR.JPG (78.72 KiB) Viewed 2052 times

gordini

Post by gordini » Tue 10 Dec 2013, 10:05

I recieved this by email this morning...

A note from one of the biggest transport companies in the RSA:

Alliance against urban tolling statement at 5pm yesterday reported that their in-situ electronic sensors confirm 985,322 vehicles passed through William Nicol gantry, and only 1,339 of them were SANRAL registered with an e-tag.
This is a massive setback for SANRAL. On day one at one toll gate alone, they now have to send out almost a million accounts.
The system is close to collapsing folks. Lets persist to resist!
Make this message go VIRAL - Please SHARE✔
In my old age...

From Malmesbury

Social Media