Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Doug Hirkham

Very sad news

Post by Doug Hirkham » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 10:01

Jackie Pretorius passed away in Joburg this morning after being in a coma for three weeks. He was attacked again in his home early on a Sunday morning and his assailants beat him to a pulp with iron bars before robbing and plundering the home. Apparently he regained temporary conciousness a couple of times last week and sat up, asking for Shirley, his deceased wife. Friends of the forum will remember that she was shot dead the last time they were assaulted in the same house.
A good mate, and we can only hope "the full might of the law" will perhaps catch the bastards, but don't hold your breath.

Perana

Re: Very sad news

Post by Perana » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 11:33

Another unneccesary loss of a life. :(

RIP

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 12:32

Just been watching him racing in the old Gunston Race videos - a name that cropped up during my recent visit to South Africa in converstaion with Basil Green.

Never knew him but certainly an indictment on the state of certain factions in SA that have zero regard for the life of a man or his wife.

The full might of SA law may have some or no effect.

You can be assured that the scripture ""VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. Romans 12:19 still applies and the perpetrators will answer one day, when there is no-one to cover for them, no-one to let them out the back of a van round the corner after arrest, and no-one to share their booty with.

You can put that in the bank.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:18

Very sad news, from what I have read an awesome driver in single seaters.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:26

RIP Jackie. So sad.

Hieronymus posted a nice article about him here: http://forums.autosport.com/showthread. ... ost3545463

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 20:16

Truly Sad

But guys two words "CAR FORUM" we dont need to hear about the rest

Warren Lotter

Doug Hirkham

Post by Doug Hirkham » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 22:05

Stealth GT wrote:Truly Sad

But guys two words "CAR FORUM" we dont need to hear about the rest

Warren Lotter
Sorry Warren -
Don't understand your 'don't need to know'. 'Petoors' was known to thousands of SA motor racing fans and was a great guy in his own right - one of life's larger than life characters. He was a part of the good days, with Doug Serrurier, Peter de Klerk, Dave Charlton as his compatriots. I raced stock cars with him at Wembley Stadium, worked with him & Bobby Olthoff, Spencer Shultze, Tony Jefferies, Clarry Taylor at Wynns in Edenvale. He was one of the main ou's involved with Buddy Fuller's Hell Drivers. Don't need to know? Of course we need to know.

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 22:15

Tell us about the man and not how he was brutally attacked ,savaged left for dead , beaten to a pulp but please don't start the whole political debate about how safe we are in this country with its low crime rate and how safe it is to travel around from place to place and how we should all hug and be peace loving hippies

That's what I meant I feel for the man but by God every time the truth is spoken about crime on this forum then it is removed
And thats my RANT
Warren lotter

Doug Hirkham

Post by Doug Hirkham » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 22:21

Stealth GT wrote:Tell us about the man and not how he was brutally attacked ,savaged left for dead , beaten to a pulp but please don't start the whole political debate about how safe we are in this country with its low crime rate and how safe it is to travel around from place to place and how we should all hug and be peace loving hippies

That's what I meant I feel for the man but by God every time the truth is spoken about crime on this forum then it is removed
And thats my RANT
Warren lotter
Sorry - misunderstood your thread.
Doug

Railway

Post by Railway » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 22:35

The sadest thing about this is that the honourable Jackie Pretorious not been known to us he and his late and dearest spouse are just a statistic.

This is the gutter of the earth people one of the most beautifull countries in the world. But it is a place where if you cut peoples ears off, club them to death or just steel Railway cabling and train fittings, you are guaranteed the best medical care in Jail if caught and you have the guarantee to life.

There is nothing like crime, live it and feel it then one gets a different view on it.

This is a beautifull country with the barbarism of the Middle Ages just with fancy cars driving around these days instead of horsecarts.

Social Media