Capri Perana lookalike - Lambert Racing?

Chat about anything that doenst fit in anywehere else
Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
peranaman

Capri Perana lookalike - Lambert Racing?

Post by peranaman » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 13:28

Hi everyone.

I have a conundrum (that's not a muscle car from the Ukraine by the way)

In March 2017 I bought the Capri pictured here.
FB_IMG_1508712134300.jpg
FB_IMG_1508712134300.jpg (96.8 KiB) Viewed 7284 times
IMG-20171023-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20171023-WA0004.jpg (769.23 KiB) Viewed 7284 times
It has a V8 motor and is identical in every way to the car pictured in the Killarney pitlane. Even down to the same Lambert Racing sticker, plastic windows, rollcage, BBS wheels and swept up boot lid.

It was imported to the UK in 2016 and I bought it in the UK in March.

Obviously it's nice to find out a little history, engine etc.

It seems everyone knows this car from the pictures, however, having contacted Lambert Racing directly - the response I got was ' don't know the car'.

Someone please advise me - this is parked outside Lamberts garage at Killarney? If not then it's the most perfect clone of the clone I've ever seen!

I know the sineage on the car is not official as such. But surely someone knows this bad boy?
I'd love to know who built the motor and what spec it is. It sounds beautiful to be fair.

Anyone?

thanks Chris
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do

ZA Perana

Re: Capri Perana lookalike - Lambert Racing?

Post by ZA Perana » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:08

Hopefully I read the post correctly. You bought the car driven by Lambert and when you ask Lambert Racing about the car they know nothing about it?
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:11

peranaman wrote:Hi everyone.

FB_IMG_1508712134300.jpg
IMG-20171023-WA0004.jpg
It has a V8 motor and is identical in every way to the car pictured in the Killarney pitlane. Even down to the same Lambert Racing sticker, plastic windows, rollcage, BBS wheels and swept up boot lid.

It seems everyone knows this car from the pictures, however, having contacted Lambert Racing directly - the response I got was ' don't know the car'.

Someone please advise me - this is parked outside Lamberts garage at Killarney? If not then it's the most perfect clone of the clone I've ever seen!

I know the sineage on the car is not official as such. But surely someone knows this bad boy?
I'd love to know who built the motor and what spec it is. It sounds beautiful to be fair.

Anyone?

thanks Chris
Bits of info coming in. Let's see.

I'm only interested really in the spec of the motor. Everything else I know what I'm getting.

More flooring than I wanted to do, but hey, it's a 69 car!

It seems it WAS a Lambert car, albeit road, not race. That's fine.

I'll update as the project progresses.

I knew it was going to be a project. It wasn't until we tore the firmly glued carpets up that the scope of the metal work became clear!! Yikes! :cry: :cry:
Last edited by peranaman on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:20

ZA Perana wrote:
Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:08
Hopefully I read the post correctly. You bought the car driven by Lambert and when you ask Lambert Racing about the car they know nothing about it?
That was correct as of an hour ago.

Since then had a third party update that basically said, ' yes it was our car, not race, but road going'

Don't say it. I know......

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:44

peranaman wrote:
Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:11

FB_IMG_1508712134300.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0004.jpg

Anyone?

thanks Chris

I'm only interested really in the spec of the motor. Everything else I know what I'm getting.

I knew it was going to be a project. It wasn't until we tore the firmly glued carpets up that the scope of the metal work became clear!! Yikes! :cry: :cry:
Yes, they do tend to make road cars look like Race Car, especially in that livery. On the face of it seems to be quite a nice car, pity about the well stuck down carpet and what lies beneath.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:46

ZA Perana wrote:
peranaman wrote:

FB_IMG_1508712134300.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0004.jpg

Anyone?

thanks Chris

Yes, they do tend to make road cars look like Race Car, especially in that livery. On the face of it seems to be quite a nice car, pity about the well stuck down carpet and what lies beneath.
I shall post pics later. Make sure you are sitting down first!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:48

peranaman wrote:
Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:46
ZA Perana wrote:
peranaman wrote:

FB_IMG_1508712134300.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0004.jpg

Anyone?

thanks Chris

Not a very nice surprise I take it....an interesting aside was the car required to get a roadworthy certificate before export?
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:51

ZA Perana wrote:
peranaman wrote:
Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:46
ZA Perana wrote:
peranaman wrote:

FB_IMG_1508712134300.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0004.jpg

Anyone?

thanks Chris

Not a very nice surprise I take it....an interesting aside was the car required to get a roadworthy certificate before export?
It was registered in SA. It had three number plates issued. I have all the documents to register in UK. Except the MOT certificate, which we are working frantically to achieve.
My man is on the metalwork and mechanical stuff. John Brits is on the electricals.
Nothing we can't do. UK reg should be straight forward. Plenty of Peranas in UK.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 15:47

Is this car an auto or a manual?
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 15:48

Came with 4 speed Toploader. 9 inch LSD. Now has new Tremec T5.

Social Media