Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Insomnia

Top 5 - Car's that's out to get you.

Post by Insomnia » Wed 23 Feb 2011, 16:06

1. The Car (1977) – This aptly titled film stars James Brolin and Kathleen Lloyd and is directed by Elliot Silverstein. The car referred to in the title is a black coupe that mysteriously appears in a small Utah community and starts running over people. It’s Captain Wade Parent’s job to try to stop this evil car, which the movie strongly implies is possessed by a demon.

2. Christine (1983) – Christine is based on the novel by Stephen King, and is directed by John Carpenter. It stars Keith Gordon, John Stockwell and Alexandra Paul. “Christine” is a red and white 1958 Plymouth Fury that Arnie Cunningham finds and decides to restore. His friends find out that the car has a deadly past and that they need to destroy it to save Arnie. However, the car has other ideas and it goes on a rampage through town killing anyone who has ever damaged her. Whenever Christine is badly damaged, she is able to regenerate and make herself look as good as new.

3. Duel (1971) – Duel is a television movie starring Dennis Weaver. It was Steven Spielberg’s directorial debut in terms of feature length films. The evil car in question in this movie is a Peterbilt 281 gasoline tanker truck. David Mann encounters said truck in the middle of the desert and spends the rest of the movie trying to evade the truck as it tries to kill him.

4. Maximum Overdrive (1986) – Stephen King strikes again with Maximum Overdrive, a film based on one of his short stories. He also directed this movie – it was his first and last attempt at ever doing such a thing again. The movie is about a group of big rig trucks that come to life and try to kill a group of people trapped in a truck stop. Emilio Estevez stars as Bill Robinson, the leader of the group who tries to keep everyone alive. A title card at the end of the movie suggests that aliens caused the trucks to come to life in an attempt to stage a takeover.

5. Wheels of Terror (1990) – Wheels of Terror is a television movie directed by Christopher Cain. It stars Joanna Cassidy as a mother whose daughter is kidnapped by a black Dodge Charger. Although it is strongly implied that there is a driver, he is never shown. The car appears to have a life of its own as it rips through the desert on a killing and kidnapping spree.

I feel CHRISTENE is all time best.

PaleMoonLight

Re: Top 5 - Car's that's out to get you.

Post by PaleMoonLight » Wed 23 Feb 2011, 16:28

It's hard to believe that people actually made those movies and thought that they would do well. I mean 'Maximum Overdrive", really now!?

turbo-gp

Post by turbo-gp » Thu 24 Feb 2011, 07:34

The Car (1977) gave me nightmares for a looong time after watching it. I even refused to ride in my uncle's black cortina XR6...or maybe it's cos it was a ford :? ..cant remember now :)

Carsick

Post by Carsick » Thu 24 Feb 2011, 08:22

Watched "The Car" when i was about 7 .... loved it . Wouldnt mind seeing that again.

But I agree, "Christine" rates as no 1 for me out of that list, with "The Car" a close second.

Daryl

Post by Daryl » Thu 24 Feb 2011, 16:51

When I read and watched Maximum Overdrive I could not help wondering why the trucks didn't just flatten the Diner.

I want a possesed car.. they get awesome mileage (never needing a refill)

Social Media