VIN Number

Any discussions about the history of the road going cars
Shailen (BG540)

Re: VIN Number

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 19:14

Hi ZA perana

Im only 15 years old. My father is looking for a Perana for himself, do you know anyone who is selling their Perana (Including you (your Perana is beautiful)

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 19:18

Shailen (BG540) wrote: Hi ZA perana

Im only 15 years old. My father is looking for a Perana for himself, do you know anyone who is selling their Perana (Including you (your Perana is beautiful)

Howzit, well a very round about way of posting but thats cool, no mine isnt for sale at this time. Welcome to the classic scene and dont be too put off by the vast ammount of very clued up people here, I myslef am only 23.....(who would have thought someone younger than me on this forum)

Where did you get the pics you posted by the way?
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 19:28

Hey ZA Perana

This is the conclusion that I have come up with my car.
The previous owner smashed the car by the drivers side and along with that the following parts got damaged:
Perana Tag
perana Badge
Steering Rack
Suspention
Fender
My door is now out of alignment
The radiator
Master Cylinder

and maybe thats why you guys cant really see a Perana in this car

The other side of the car does have DNA of a Perana

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 19:32

Shailen (BG540) wrote: Hey ZA Perana

This is the conclusion that I have come up with my car.
The previous owner smashed the car by the drivers side and along with that the following parts got damaged:
Perana Tag
perana Badge
Steering Rack
Suspention
Fender
My door is now out of alignment
The radiator
Master Cylinder

The other side of the car does have DNA of a Perana

Well in my opinion the steering story and radiator story would perhaps be true if the whole front of the car was replaced but just a side smash would not neccessitate the moving of the steeering rack from behind the cross member to in front of the cross member.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 20:11

Hi ZA Perana

Thanx for your help!!!

You might think im lying now but actually im not.
The front of my car also looks as if it where welded on!!!

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 20:17

Shailen (BG540) wrote: Hi ZA Perana

Thanx for your help!!!

You might think im lying now but actually im not.
The front of my car also looks as if it where welded on!!!

All I did was to just state an opinion, its unfortunate whoever worked on the car didnt put the steering rack back in the correct place..... :D
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

TdL351GT

Post by TdL351GT » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 20:32

Shailen (BG540) wrote: Guys

I phoned the guy who is going to give me my tag that was on my car and he said that the tag had BG540 on it, it has made in South africa in english and afrikaans and it goes on saying Perana Cars , Basil Green motors pty ltd and it says plantation road edenvale.

Hi Shailen,

Glad to hear about such a young man being enthusiastic about his future car. We need guys like you (and ZA) to one day take over from (some) of us. Have to be careful now about this age thing.
Anyway…I think ZA is being very diplomatic here. It doesn’t sound like this is a genuine Perana. Too many things that don’t sound right. I suppose the steering rack could have been changed due to an accident, but we’re speculating, there is no floor plate, diff is incorrect, radiator, no Perana plate? If the guy can read you the information from the plate, why is the plate not on the car? 8O
Why didn’t you get the plate with the car?
Have you actually checked the engine number to confirm that it is BG540?
On the RHS bottom corner of the plate is D/A. What does it say?

But…even if its not the real thing, you still have a beautiful car that will be the envy of all your friends. :) :)

Regards

Theuns
There is no replacement for cubic inches....

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 20:55

TdL351GT wrote:
Shailen (BG540) wrote: Guys

I phoned the guy who is going to give me my tag that was on my car and he said that the tag had BG540 on it, it has made in South africa in english and afrikaans and it goes on saying Perana Cars , Basil Green motors pty ltd and it says plantation road edenvale.

Hi Shailen,

Glad to hear about such a young man being enthusiastic about his future car. We need guys like you (and ZA) to one day take over from (some) of us. Have to be careful now about this age thing.
Anyway…I think ZA is being very diplomatic here. It doesn’t sound like this is a genuine Perana. Too many things that don’t sound right. I suppose the steering rack could have been changed due to an accident, but we’re speculating, there is no floor plate, diff is incorrect, radiator, no Perana plate? If the guy can read you the information from the plate, why is the plate not on the car? 8O
Why didn’t you get the plate with the car?
Have you actually checked the engine number to confirm that it is BG540?
On the RHS bottom corner of the plate is D/A. What does it say?

But…even if its not the real thing, you still have a beautiful car that will be the envy of all your friends. :) :)

Regards

Theuns

Hi Guys

The diff had been changed because a Ford 9" limited slip diff is much better, the under seat tag was also destroyed due to the accident. The tag was'nt given to me when my dad bought the car was because the previous owner bought the car from another guy and that guy didnt give him the tag so now I phoned the previous owner to get me te tag and he told me the information. The place where trhe Perana tag was placed is where the car was smashed (From the front right hand side, till the drivers door.) And the number on the engine is BG540

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:00

Look I have to be honest are you sure the chassis on this car is still straight becuase seems it been involved in a very bad accident that the steering rack and everything in the engine bay was damaged so badly it couldnt be repaired?
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:07

Hi Za Perana

Im not sure, looks like the owner before the previous owner mistreated the car. It look like it has been smacked aroud. When we took the car for a service the guy showed us that the car was standing so long that even the brakes were rusted. The suspension looks like a modified one but the one engine mounting does look fine like a Perana, so to be honest I don't even know what my car is and what did this guy do to this car.

I got a question: Do Capri aPeranas engine number have to be BG0540 or BG540?

Social Media