Mustangs

Any discussions about the history of the road going cars
OldSkool II

Re: Mustangs

Post by OldSkool II » Wed 23 Jan 2008, 07:58

ZA Perana wrote: Talking about Mustangs, this might surprise a few people but back in 1971-72 a Boss 302 Mustang raced in SA, it was psrt of the Springbok Series and won its class twice and even mixed it with the Lola's on occasion.

Was thinking about Mustangs the other day and having stated my favorites there is perhaps only one Mustang I would REALLY want....the Bud Moore, Parnelli Jones Boss 302 race car.....to me that car is the holy grail of Mustangs.

As an aside a friend is very close to finishing his Boss 302 resto but its being fitted with a full imported custom built Roush 427 and period Paxton Supercharger, the orginal 302 will be kept. Will post pictures as soon as I see the car...

jacques i have been for a drive in this beast you speak of, and man what can i say its insane...we calculate approx +-800hp at the crank..its currently running 12-14 psi boost...Roush sent a dyno printout of the motor in n/a form with 8.5:1 and blower cam it made 444hp...btw the roush engine he had custom built is the only one of its kind in the world
the car is complete except for the "snag" list my friend melvin is busy finalising, he is responsible for the current build of the car
it was a 4 month full time job installing the motor + tranny(tko600),boost pipes all custom, modifying existing parts, building the exhaust, fuel system, alcohol injection system, wiring etc
It will be on display at our open day 2/3/2008 along with his lingenfelter supercharged C5 corvette
Driving a 10 sec Honda is like coming out the closet
At first your friends are in awe, but you still gay

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Wed 23 Jan 2008, 09:20

I saw that show on ESPN - very nice. I like to see nice original mustangs.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 25 Jan 2008, 20:20

OldSkool II wrote:
ZA Perana wrote: Talking about Mustangs, this might surprise a few people but back in 1971-72 a Boss 302 Mustang raced in SA, it was psrt of the Springbok Series and won its class twice and even mixed it with the Lola's on occasion.

Was thinking about Mustangs the other day and having stated my favorites there is perhaps only one Mustang I would REALLY want....the Bud Moore, Parnelli Jones Boss 302 race car.....to me that car is the holy grail of Mustangs.

As an aside a friend is very close to finishing his Boss 302 resto but its being fitted with a full imported custom built Roush 427 and period Paxton Supercharger, the orginal 302 will be kept. Will post pictures as soon as I see the car...

jacques i have been for a drive in this beast you speak of, and man what can i say its insane...we calculate approx +-800hp at the crank..its currently running 12-14 psi boost...Roush sent a dyno printout of the motor in n/a form with 8.5:1 and blower cam it made 444hp...btw the roush engine he had custom built is the only one of its kind in the world
the car is complete except for the "snag" list my friend melvin is busy finalising, he is responsible for the current build of the car
it was a 4 month full time job installing the motor + tranny(tko600),boost pipes all custom, modifying existing parts, building the exhaust, fuel system, alcohol injection system, wiring etc
It will be on display at our open day 2/3/2008 along with his lingenfelter supercharged C5 corvette

Must say I am very keen to see that car....the Lingenfelter is also pretty eye catching.... :D
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Sat 26 Jan 2008, 18:11

Spotted in Brits GP Pick and Pay car park by my dad yesterday - NEW Mustang, dark metallic green. He may be old but he knows his cars - was adamant it was a new one.

Anybody know anything about this car?

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Sat 26 Jan 2008, 18:28

I hope its a test model imported by Ford.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Sat 26 Jan 2008, 20:20

Guys i might have mentioned this before a few of the Ford dealers are involved with the RHD conversions with new Mustangs the prototype has been completed and as soon as the last details have been sorted out the car will be launched so it is possible that a new one was spotted around town

Will let you know when I get more info

Warren

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Mon 28 Jan 2008, 06:52

Warren,
What has happened to the Mustang you and your brother showed me? Any progress, how about some pics?

Daan

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Fri 01 Feb 2008, 21:36

Daan we started fitting the motor but you know what it is like to work on some one elses project one step forward two backwards here are some pics

Warren

HKGTS186S

Post by HKGTS186S » Tue 11 Aug 2009, 18:19

Nice engine.
AUS Muscle and RSA Muscle closely related !!!

Hemi_Jay

Post by Hemi_Jay » Tue 11 Aug 2009, 22:40

Nice tranny, is that a syncro or dog ring Jerico?
MOPAR: Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly

Social Media