Page 2 of 3

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Sat 30 Jul 2016, 18:31
by Shaunp
Looks great

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Mon 01 Aug 2016, 08:00
by VetteGP
Shaunp wrote:Looks great
Thanks Shaun.
This is the one you let me know about.
Regards,
Gareth

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Mon 01 Aug 2016, 10:24
by Johann65
VetteGP wrote:
Shaunp wrote:Looks great
Thanks Shaun. This is the one you let me know about.
Regards, Gareth
They were great motors! Take your time and enjoy the project!

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Tue 02 Aug 2016, 21:05
by Shaunp
VetteGP wrote:
Shaunp wrote:Looks great
Thanks Shaun.
This is the one you let me know about.
Regards,
Gareth
Awesome. Really glad it worked out

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Wed 31 Aug 2016, 11:12
by barrydorr
VetteGP wrote:Hear she is.
I love you collection of cars...

Please share some pictures of your Manta and your GT.
I nearly bought a GT but had to let her go, due to my work situation

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Wed 07 Sep 2016, 17:47
by VetteGP
barrydorr wrote:
VetteGP wrote:Hear she is.
I love you collection of cars...

Please share some pictures of your Manta and your GT.
I nearly bought a GT but had to let her go, due to my work situation

Thank you.
Battling to upload photos onto the site at the moment. Will load as soon as I can do so.
However, pics of the cars are on my introduction post.
Gareth

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Wed 07 Sep 2016, 17:51
by VetteGP
Build update.
At a stand still at the moment.
Battling with the license department. Been 5 weeks now, still trying to get the car in my name.
They registered the car in the previous owners name again, and what a mission to get that reversed and into my name.
Now having issues with the VIN tag.

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Wed 07 Sep 2016, 21:16
by Johann65
VetteGP wrote:Build update.
At a stand still at the moment.
Battling with the license department. Been 5 weeks now, still trying to get the car in my name.
They registered the car in the previous owners name again, and what a mission to get that reversed and into my name.
Now having issues with the VIN tag.
Hang in there!!! It took me three years!!! :mrgreen:

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Thu 20 Oct 2016, 19:10
by VetteGP
Update:
Still battling with the VIN plate.
Started looking for parts to keep me busy in an attempt to not loose hope and interest in the project.

Re: 1971 Opel Kadett build

Posted: Wed 01 Feb 2017, 19:38
by VetteGP
Update
VIN plate saga has finally been sorted. I will have the VIN in the next few days.
I have started stripping the car in preparation to start the build, and to my disappointment, body is not as good as originally thought. Some parts of the body has body filler up to 10 mm thick.
Going to take more than originally thought to get her on the road.
Sadly, I have to sell my GM Ranger to fund the additional work required.