Capri Perana gets a tarting up!

Any questions or suggestions regarding restorations
Boss302

Re: Capri Perana gets a tarting up!

Post by Boss302 » Sat 28 Apr 2012, 21:05

Hi John

No it goes there next weekend, spoke with him today. He needs to create a bit a space and get others cars finished and out.

Great job done by Paul. Not sure about uploading pics onto here so will get Paul to submit ones of the metal work done including complete new floor.

Boss

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Sat 28 Apr 2012, 22:03

Hi John, thanks, it has been a long haul, not so much in terms of the work that needed doing but other things getting in the way.

The shell is now solid and ready to chase me around the 'Ring' once we get them both done.
Chris can be the pace car and you can bring over the Banana to join the fun. :mrgreen:
Man, that would be great.

Mike and I will have a chat and put something together for the forum under resto.

I can't wait to see what John C is going to do with the paint, I know it is going to be top class.

Cheers
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

Ranger1

Post by Ranger1 » Sat 28 Apr 2012, 22:14

Hi Paul
I was wondering when you were going to continue with your car. I was quite enjoying the thread.
I'm always keen to try things myself so when i watch people, watch shows, read threads like this, its all stealing with the eye. :) good luck with the progress.
Mark

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Sat 28 Apr 2012, 22:38

Ranger1 wrote:Hi Paul
I was wondering when you were going to continue with your car. I was quite enjoying the thread.
I'm always keen to try things myself so when i watch people, watch shows, read threads like this, its all stealing with the eye. :) good luck with the progress.
Mark
Hi Mark, thanks for the encouragement, I'm going to need it to get back in the swing of things.

I'm glad you have been enjoying it so far and I hope to show some progress soon.

Cheers
Cheers

My AMC:

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 28 Apr 2012, 22:51

paulusvrotius1 wrote:
Ranger1 wrote:Hi Paul
Mark
Hi Mark, thanks for the encouragement, I'm going to need it to get back in the swing of things.

I'm glad you have been enjoying it so far and I hope to show some progress soon.

Cheers
Your radiator plate dimension was spot on and it plate itself works very well. Will post up a proper pic what the final arrangement looks like.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Sun 29 Apr 2012, 20:36

Hi ZA, yes I'd like to see how your shroud came out.
Cheers
Cheers

My AMC:

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Wed 20 Jun 2012, 20:59

Well I finally found the time to get a bit of work done on the Capri. :D

First job was to swap the Mk3 2.8i axle, that I was using to move the car around on while I was painting the origional axle, with the origional axle. The reason being, I now need to see what the car looks like with the new 15" Wolfrace wheels fitted that are replacing the 13" Compomotives but the MK3 axle is 2" wider.
I am going to need to refit the engine and gearbox, seats, doors and bonnet to get the car back as close to it's normal weight as possible so it sits at the right height.
I'm not sure if the wheels will rub on the slightly widened rear arches yet, the fronts are way too wide as can be seen in the pics so I need to have some arches on there but the wheels are also tilted out at the top due to no engine etc.. I'm hoping to get the engine etc fitted in the next few days so here's a few pics I took today.
In the one pic you can see one of my spare wheels that I have already polished up, they are going to look good polished and the rears painted black. I have new center caps already, I just need to get longer studs and the correct wheel nuts for the Wolfrace's which have a collar.

Cheers
Attachments
DSCF3972.JPG
DSCF3972.JPG (144.48 KiB) Viewed 801 times
DSCF3973.JPG
DSCF3973.JPG (138.39 KiB) Viewed 801 times
DSCF3974.JPG
DSCF3974.JPG (140.22 KiB) Viewed 801 times
DSCF3975.JPG
DSCF3975.JPG (140.82 KiB) Viewed 801 times
DSCF3976.JPG
DSCF3976.JPG (144.71 KiB) Viewed 801 times
Cheers

My AMC:

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Wed 20 Jun 2012, 22:30

Thos rears will touch!

My car has far less offset on its WAW 15s and they touch on bumps. Can't put much in the boot either before clearance becomes an issue.

Let's Dance

Post by Let's Dance » Wed 20 Jun 2012, 23:07

Hiya Paul,

I like those wolfs. :D
In the eighties in the UK your car wasn't a car without a set ! 8O

You posted a pic of a gorgeous green Capri on page 8 in IbanezRg's 'V8 Ford Capri Project' thread.
Would you consider doing similar arches, or maybe a tad less radical on your car ?

Will you be putting the engine etc back in yourself or will Boss be helping ?
Or will you and Boss be watching Rugby while Mary does it ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laterz,
:D

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:30

Looking good. I dont think the wheels are massively too wide and any touching on the wheel arches could be mitigated by going for a Group 2 i.e racing hard suspension but thats also a compromise in some cases. I like those wheels.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Social Media