Capri Gunston replica for sale 67000 gbp

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
peranaman

Re: Capri Gunston replica for sale 67000 gbp

Post by peranaman » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 19:27

RASSIE wrote:Thanks Peranaman.
Please give me the link as well. These are pictures to keep!! :D
I had a Perana with the same double anti roll bar and alloy connectors. Was this special or normal on all Perana's?
Rassie.
Double anti-roll was on A2 but not the road cars. Mine has a 2.8i 22mm bar and a 19mm 3.0 litre bar. That coz I needed a 2.8i injection cross member for the power steering rack - worked a treat and makes life much more enojable driving this car.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 19:38

My car came from JHB and they must have convert it.
Thanks again.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

First V8

Post by First V8 » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 19:41

Beautiful . I hope that car comes to South Africa , this is its home . :D
2010 Chev Lumina SS
1968 Chevy Impala (SOLD)
1968 Vw Beetle ( SOLD)
1963 Mini Pick Up ( Exported to UK )

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 20:39

Beautiful car heres a couple of pics of an old warhorse that I work on.

Sorry about the poor quality of the pics.

Regards
Warren
Attachments
IMG_0951.jpg
A2 engine rebuild
IMG_0951.jpg (65.63 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
IMG_0950.jpg
A2 Body work
IMG_0950.jpg (63.37 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
IMG_0949.jpg
A2 Body work
IMG_0949.jpg (61.07 KiB) Viewed 4247 times

FPT

Post by FPT » Mon 19 Aug 2013, 21:38

An awsome tribute to the original.

You might well know a have a much plainer road going version build from scraps and spares. :?

Unfortunately I am doubtfull if it will return to ZA due to the exchange rate. Mr Lindenburg is is aiming to sell the original Z181 at a tad more, again way above the ZA market.

Your car already has made its mark at half the price of a skimpy no name brand box car in ZA. Pound to Rand that is....

If this were mine I would never have sold it, as you have created piece of history albeit out of its habitat, your car already has a following which are unheard of.

My oppinion keep this awesome piece of machinery you have worked your knuckles to bone, spend hard earned money on, have taken pride in every step completed, and have enjoyed in play grounds of millionaires with their shitty Dutch, of the show room play mate whore cars, at the end still showing them heritage matters.

Understandibly space to keep it in Britain seem to be a problem when persuing a new project (never been there, only a Free State boytjie with some space).....

Good money at odd R1ml ZA, but at the end is it worth saying "I build that and owned it"... I do not think so. It is part of you.

In short, in Afrikaans..... : " Jy is fokken mal om die kar te wil verkoop! Hou die deel van jou menswees!!!"

Sorry for the essay.... :oops: :? :cry: :cry:
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Tue 20 Aug 2013, 00:09

FPT wrote:An awsome tribute to the original.

You might well know a have a much plainer road going version build from scraps and spares. :?

Unfortunately I am doubtfull if it will return to ZA due to the exchange rate. Mr Lindenburg is is aiming to sell the original Z181 at a tad more, again way above the ZA market.

Your car already has made its mark at half the price of a skimpy no name brand box car in ZA. Pound to Rand that is....

If this were mine I would never have sold it, as you have created piece of history albeit out of its habitat, your car already has a following which are unheard of.

My oppinion keep this awesome piece of machinery you have worked your knuckles to bone, spend hard earned money on, have taken pride in every step completed, and have enjoyed in play grounds of millionaires with their shitty Dutch, of the show room play mate whore cars, at the end still showing them heritage matters.

Understandibly space to keep it in Britain seem to be a problem when persuing a new project (never been there, only a Free State boytjie with some space).....

Good money at odd R1ml ZA, but at the end is it worth saying "I build that and owned it"... I do not think so. It is part of you.

In short, in Afrikaans..... : " Jy is fokken mal om die kar te wil verkoop! Hou die deel van jou menswees!!!"

Sorry for the essay.... :oops: :? :cry: :cry:
Andre, you make a compelling case for keeping the car, and I too reckon it will never see the shores of SA again.

However, I win if I keep the car and I win if I sell. I need to move on now. Thanks for the 'essay' !!

ps I just did a Google Translate on your Afrikaans. Should I laugh, take offence or take it as a compliment?

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Tue 20 Aug 2013, 00:14

Stealth GT wrote:Beautiful car heres a couple of pics of an old warhorse that I work on.

Regards
Warren
Hi Warren, isn't that car a replica of mine?.............................................. ;)

FPT

Post by FPT » Tue 20 Aug 2013, 07:46

ps I just did a Google Translate on your Afrikaans. Should I laugh, take offence or take it as a compliment?[/quote]

A Very definite compliment Sir!!! Said with lots of respect, but tongue in the cheek!!!
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

Bird 455

Post by Bird 455 » Tue 20 Aug 2013, 18:16

Stealth GT wrote:Beautiful car heres a couple of pics of an old warhorse that I work on.

Regards
Warren

Stealth, Is that the genuine racecar or replica you have in your garage? If genuine then is the advertised car a replicated version of that very car?!!! Can you post more pics or would that be asking too much? She seems to look good for her age! :lol:

Peranaman, your car has staggering attention to detail! :D :D :D
"What's the worst thing you can say to a Pontiac owner? Hey man, nice Camaro!"

GT40 Twin Turbo 5.4 quadcam Modular Ford. SDS custom tune.

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Tue 20 Aug 2013, 20:24

Bird 455 wrote:

Regards
Warren

Stealth, Is that the genuine racecar or replica you have in your garage? If genuine then is the advertised car a replicated version of that very car?!!! Can you post more pics or would that be asking too much? She seems to look good for her age! :lol:

Peranaman, your car has staggering attention to detail! :D :D :D
Hi Bird 455

Once a year I have the PRIVILEGE of working on this car.......... yes its the genuine car. 8)

We just completed refreshing the engine and a general tidy up of the car.

Anthony Corin who is the owner of the car had the signage redone as per original spec , a few things to take note of are the Koni ,Ford , Perana , and Wynn's stickers they are correct for the period amongst other things.

One of the marvels of this car is the rear suspension it truly is amazing to see how great minds could build something to suite the rules of the day.

Regards
Warren

Social Media