Capri perana v8

Wiggy333

Re: Capri perana v8

Post by Wiggy333 » Mon 01 Jun 2015, 00:33

Hi ZA Perana. How would you remove clutch on a manual without removing motor or gearbox? There is about 25mm of space between the gearbox and firewall

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Mon 01 Jun 2015, 12:07

Wiggy333 wrote:Hi ZA Perana. How would you remove clutch on a manual without removing motor or gearbox? There is about 25mm of space between the gearbox and firewall
There is a member on this forum who removed mine with the engine in place, removed the gearbox though.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Wiggy333

Post by Wiggy333 » Wed 03 Jun 2015, 09:57

Hi All, Everything is now back together and just wondering on the specification of free play in the clutch system? My slave cylinder seems not be original as its a Lockheed type not Girling but that should not really matter with adjustments but just want to know where it should be set for optimum life and grab. I understand that this should be able to be answered myself with local knowledge but if I ask to many questions on all my forums i give lots of info out regarding building one of these also I have very little time to peruse the internet due to work. Must also say cannot see how i could do my clutch by just removing the gearbox (I can understand stretching engine mounts to drop the back of motor or alternatively add longer bolts to crossmember to let it come down for clearance but still seems like a maybe might work not guaranteed to work proposition for me). Please can someone with the knowledge let us all know what the best ways to perform the removal are? My next attack would be motor and gearbox as one but you only really find out its a bad idea until its too late and that scrapes paint causes panel damage and wears parts of good machinery. I might add I have a vehicle lift hoist and forklifts(my engine crane) to remove and install which still meant this was only just possible.
Also any ideas on a rebuild kit for the clutch master cylinder rebuild kit or new master cylinder would be appreciated.
Finally all has been done well whilst not going to plan, or in my time frame it is back the way it should be, I have my experience but my reason for asking is that i would not suggest my method to someone else as knowing what to do. I have achieved it but not in the right way.
Keith

V8 fan

Post by V8 fan » Thu 04 Jun 2015, 08:09

Perhaps you should make contact with Johan Ras (427TNT) on the forum - I remember that he completely restored his Perana from scratch......I think he might just be your man for all enquiries. ;)
'73 Chevrolet Can-Am
'71 Ford Capri Perana
'84 Ford Sierra XR8
'65 Ford Mustang Convertible
'72 Landy SWB "88 series 3

'78 CJ5 Willys Jeep
'73 Pontiac Grand Prix 400

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence » Tue 14 Jul 2015, 22:16

Wiggy333 wrote:Hi all sorry for not replying sooner but just been really busy. Firstly as for a matching numbers car all I wanted was a Capri Perana who cares if a couple of digits on a BG motor aren't the same at least it's still a Basil green motor and it runs. My main concern when I purchased it was that it wasn't a complete fake and I'm in Australia so they don't get sold very often. Thank you for the previous posts regarding the car that is gold and any more info I could find on it would be great.
As for the engine mounts they are cracked through the rubber and not roadworthy anymore I beleive. As there purpose built for the Perana has anyone been able to replace them. As for myself when I was younger I owned 8 different Capris from 1.6ltr, 2 ltr, 3 ltr, 5.8ltr. Then had family etc. only returning back now with the Perana and also have bought a v6 gt to restore as I like doing the hard work myself. If anyone knows about the original motor BG 196 would love some info on it and why it was changed but at the end of the day it doesn't make me love the car any less. Life is a journey and I'm doing it in my Capri.
Hi mate I was reading your blogs and saw you had asked a question regards a gold perana can I ask was that one for sale cheers lawrence

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk

ters

Post by ters » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 06:26

Lawrence wrote: Hi mate I was reading your blogs and saw you had asked a question regards a gold perana can I ask was that one for sale cheers lawrence

You have a private message...

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 15:11

ters wrote:
Lawrence wrote: Hi mate I was reading your blogs and saw you had asked a question regards a gold perana can I ask was that one for sale cheers lawrence

You have a private message...

Ters.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 20:44

Hi thank you for that I introduced myself but have not seen it come through have you seen it yet maybe I did it incorrectly cheers lawrence

ters

Post by ters » Wed 15 Jul 2015, 20:54

Lawrence wrote:Hi thank you for that I introduced myself but have not seen it come through have you seen it yet maybe I did it incorrectly cheers lawrence

Saw your introduction, thank you Lawrence!

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

mickygee

Post by mickygee » Sat 31 Oct 2015, 09:21

Hi there
You mention you bought your PERANA from a guy in australia & he has PERANA no 266 , I have seen it in unique cars as a feature @ he declares it is original , what makes you say it is not .
Thanks mick

Social Media