:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you guys know BOWTIE rules

Moering Tool

Re: Any Mopower here?

Post by Moering Tool » Thu 22 Oct 2015, 18:29

I worry about Ters, he's been corrupted by the dark side. :twisted:

ters

Post by ters » Thu 22 Oct 2015, 20:17

Moering Tool wrote:I worry about Ters, he's been corrupted by the dark side. :twisted:
They are something else MT ;) :lol: .
Mopar or no car..jpg
Mopar or no car..jpg (111.75 KiB) Viewed 10509 times
Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

moparian

Post by moparian » Tue 27 Oct 2015, 11:06

Drove a chevy 383 and it doesn't compare to driving a mopar 383

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hemi_Jay

Post by Hemi_Jay » Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:03

Deonnel wrote:Shucks, I see this is an ancient thread, Jay any updates on your Mopar?
Hi there, yip things have been a bit quite the past few years - getting married, buying a house and all those "grown up" things we are supposed to use as excuses for not finishing project cars. HOWEVER, things have stepped up into high gear the last year and lets just say we are past the 95% completion point. There have been a few drastic changes in the meantime and I will be sure to post pics and details here first within the next few weeks once I have her rolled out in the sun. 8)
MOPAR: Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly

moparmad

Post by moparmad » Mon 18 Jan 2016, 13:25

This sounds interesting! So I take it motor is done and in a car already? please post some pics. Sure it will be roaring thunder when it breathes into live for the first time.

Hemi_Jay

Post by Hemi_Jay » Mon 18 Jan 2016, 15:32

It was in but I decided to take the heart out, dissemble, clean, re-check clearances and install new parts such as a pretty aggressive roller cam and a better windage tray. Very good thing I did this, even if I didn't install new parts - much to my shock, the no 5 cam bearing was completely missing. Not any of the other cam bearings where replaced as I instructed the machinist/builder back in 2008. I still cannot believe I missed that during the initial assembly - just goes to show, another set of eyes is always helpfull! I would probably have lost this engine if I never checked details like those...

I plan on sending the car for headers and exhaust in Feb, then theres one last secret part which is in the final design phase (should be done in Feb too) - then its photo time!

If anyone was wondering, you can in actual fact fit a 10x15 wheel with 28"x10.5 slicks/semis in the back of a mini-tubbed car 8)
MOPAR: Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly

moparmad

Post by moparmad » Tue 19 Jan 2016, 07:04

Hemi_Jay wrote:It was in but I decided to take the heart out, dissemble, clean, re-check clearances and install new parts such as a pretty aggressive roller cam and a better windage tray. Very good thing I did this, even if I didn't install new parts - much to my shock, the no 5 cam bearing was completely missing. Not any of the other cam bearings where replaced as I instructed the machinist/builder back in 2008. I still cannot believe I missed that during the initial assembly - just goes to show, another set of eyes is always helpfull! I would probably have lost this engine if I never checked details like those...

I plan on sending the car for headers and exhaust in Feb, then theres one last secret part which is in the final design phase (should be done in Feb too) - then its photo time!

If anyone was wondering, you can in actual fact fit a 10x15 wheel with 28"x10.5 slicks/semis in the back of a mini-tubbed car 8)

moparmad

Post by moparmad » Tue 19 Jan 2016, 07:08

Sorry.. stupid EEUC! Good thing you saw it in time, could nearly stopped the project the way the rand is going south now. They take the cam bearing 1 and 5 out for machining, did the same thing to me, that is why I install everything I can myself. These days one needs to check, recheck and check again.

But what is cooking, can it be a twin turbo setup???

Social Media