Capri Perana lookalike - Lambert Racing?

Chat about anything that doenst fit in anywehere else
Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
bmwmaniac

Re: Capri Perana lookalike - Lambert Racing?

Post by bmwmaniac » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 21:58

when we say Lambert, are we referring to Arnold Lambert?
"If you park your car, walk away and don't look back, you're driving the wrong car"

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 21:59

bmwmaniac wrote:when we say Lambert, are we referring to Arnold Lambert?
Yup.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do

irpac

Post by irpac » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 22:45

Hi there, I don't want to put you off track and by no means am I certain, just from memory.......does your car have a rear brake cut off valve fitted inside the car? This car has such a unique bootlid; about 8-10 years ago I remember a gentleman (an almost 2m guy with blonde hair) that drove a gunston capri with the exact shape bootlid, although not having all the same decals, here in the northern suburbs Cape Town. He used to own A radio installation workshop nearby or at n1 value centre Cape Town. He took me for a drive in that car and at the time was running a 289 V8 with C4 auto from I think he said a fairlane? It was a daily driver for him. Was fairly quick, I know he sold it on, not sure what happened to the car and definitely not sure if it the same car you might have - just posted because of the similar shaped bootlid - do anyone else remember that capri - apologies if this is not relevant - regards
“Out of all the things I have lost,I miss my sense of humor the most.”

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 23:16

irpac wrote:Hi there, I don't want to put you off track and by no means am I certain, just from memory.......does your car have a rear brake cut off valve fitted inside the car? This car has such a unique bootlid; about 8-10 years ago I remember a gentleman (an almost 2m guy with blonde hair) that drove a gunston capri with the exact shape bootlid, although not having all the same decals, here in the northern suburbs Cape Town. He used to own A radio installation workshop nearby or at n1 value centre Cape Town. He took me for a drive in that car and at the time was running a 289 V8 with C4 auto from I think he said a fairlane? It was a daily driver for him. Was fairly quick, I know he sold it on, not sure what happened to the car and definitely not sure if it the same car you might have - just posted because of the similar shaped bootlid - do anyone else remember that capri - apologies if this is not relevant - regards
Hi, not brake cut off valve when I bought it. But then Dr Frankenstein has had his way with the car!!

Maybe no-one wants to admit owning it in the last couple of years in case to 'glued down carpet hiding a multitude of sins' leads back to someone!!

It's a challenge but one that will end with me.

Killarney Racer

Post by Killarney Racer » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 23:31

As far as I am aware, Lambert sold this car to a guy in Langerbaan, about 90km from CT. I saw the car in the driveway of his workshop and I chatted to him about it (I know him from racing). This was about 2 years ago. The car has never been raced and I was under the impression it had an auto box (I could be mistaken).

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 23:35

Killarney Racer wrote:As far as I am aware, Lambert sold this car to a guy in Langerbaan, about 90km from CT. I saw the car in the driveway of his workshop and I chatted to him about it (I know him from racing). This was about 2 years ago. The car has never been raced and I was under the impression it had an auto box (I could be mistaken).
I bought it with a toploader and a V8. Not sure if 289 or 302. The block is a 66 which predates a 302?

Engines sounds wonderful. Now has a T5 box. And after all the new metal it should be fine.

Still like to know the engine spec though.

Thanks for the info.

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Sat 28 Oct 2017, 15:18

Killarney Racer wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 23:31
As far as I am aware, Lambert sold this car to a guy in Langerbaan, about 90km from CT. I saw the car in the driveway of his workshop and I chatted to him about it (I know him from racing). This was about 2 years ago. The car has never been raced and I was under the impression it had an auto box (I could be mistaken).
With the amount of molestation of the tunnel and floor board it could have had any number of transmissions. Trying to retore sensibility to the car.

peranaman

Post by peranaman » Sat 28 Oct 2017, 15:57

Killarney Racer wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 23:31
If you know the gut and he is approachable - it might be a useful lead. Let me know please. thanks

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 28 Oct 2017, 16:53

irpac wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 22:45
Hi there, I don't want to put you off track and by no means am I certain, just from memory.......does your car have a rear brake cut off valve fitted inside the car? This car has such a unique bootlid; about 8-10 years ago I remember a gentleman (an almost 2m guy with blonde hair) that drove a gunston capri with the exact shape bootlid, although not having all the same decals, here in the northern suburbs Cape Town. He used to own A radio installation workshop nearby or at n1 value centre Cape Town. He took me for a drive in that car and at the time was running a 289 V8 with C4 auto from I think he said a fairlane? It was a daily driver for him. Was fairly quick, I know he sold it on, not sure what happened to the car and definitely not sure if it the same car you might have - just posted because of the similar shaped bootlid - do anyone else remember that capri - apologies if this is not relevant - regards
I remember that car too. When I first saw the picture I thought this was that car but the no auto box threw me a bit. I have seen this car around, at one stage the back of the car was sitting very high.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Killarney Racer

Post by Killarney Racer » Tue 31 Oct 2017, 16:17

1b.jpg
1b.jpg (44 KiB) Viewed 6249 times
1a.jpg
1a.jpg (45.18 KiB) Viewed 6249 times
1c.jpg
1c.jpg (47.43 KiB) Viewed 6249 times
The car in Langebaan a few years ago

Social Media