When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
peranaman

The Perana Story - DVD re-ignited

Post by peranaman » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 14:53

Firstly let me explain a little.

In 2009 John Brits and myself visited South Africa and were privileged to film races and interviews with Basil Green, Ant Corin, Peter Lindenberg Alan Poulter and many other folk from the world of Peranas and historic racing.

We amassed a huge amount of pictures, archive footage and magazine material. Enough probably to fill about 3 x DVDs.

The original intention (which has never changed) was to produce an accurate, exciting story behind the legend of the Basil Green Perana and related topics.

In the intervening years we experienced some diversions, distractions, other projects and even some serious health issues. Not to mention hammering out a way of producing the actual DVD in a professional way.

Hard to realise that was 10 years ago.

Well, the fact is John and I are intending to breathe life into the project again with the aim of getting a final DVD to production. There's a massive amount of work ahead. We both have other commitments and various health niggles to contend with, but all that aside, we shall trudge onwards towards a final product.

Long way to go. I shall endeavour to give updates whn possible.

It's a great story and we have archive footage, historic cine film, adverts, movie clips and masses of pictures including a special hitherto unseen treasure trove of Perana archive pictures.

This is for the information of those who were very supportive of the original concept and heped immensly with time and effort.

thanks Chris
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do

ZA Perana

Re: The Perana Story - DVD re-ignited

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 15:59

Looking forward to the final DVD....
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

peranaman

Re: The Perana Story - DVD re-ignited

Post by peranaman » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 16:10

Would have loved to have completed it by now.

Building cars and editing, script writing takes time. With determination hopefully some progress.
ZA Perana wrote:
Sun 11 Aug 2019, 15:59
Looking forward to the final DVD....
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do

Social Media