Ozzy Valiant

mantaray

Ozzy Valiant

Post by mantaray » Sun 24 May 2009, 09:40

i have seen one of these beauty's when i was still living in the Cape, does anyone know of one anywhere else in the country?And that guy who has his place on the N1 heading out of Cape Town, is he perhaps on the forum? i stopped ther once only to be greeted with absolute hostility,there are some prize posessions in the shed.
Attachments
ozzy charger.jpg
ozzy charger.jpg (8.4 KiB) Viewed 7560 times
2003 GTI 4
2014 Jetta 6 TSI
1981 Chevair V8 350 ...in CPT with Jack
Rover hopefully twin turbo 305 soon
68 Valiant 200 - awaiting 318 V8 transplant
75 HQ Kommando - 350 V8

gordini

Re: Ozzy Valiant

Post by gordini » Sun 24 May 2009, 11:16

mantaray wrote:i have seen one of these beauty's when i was still living in the Cape, does anyone know of one anywhere else in the country?And that guy who has his place on the N1 heading out of Cape Town, is he perhaps on the forum? i stopped ther once only to be greeted with absolute hostility,there are some prize posessions in the shed.
Yes youre right, that man has no manners at all. A total nutcase :evil: :oops: 8O
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Sun 24 May 2009, 20:26

Had to pay that nutcase R30 to go look at a rustbucket in his yard what an asshole,my friend has one of those aussie chargers here in joburg but not for sale
Friends don't let friends drive JUNK.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 24 May 2009, 21:12

I know the guy...I refuse to pay to go into that yard, nothing is for sale, instead everything is going to just rot away...how bloody sad.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Mon 25 May 2009, 08:38

I love those chargers, I wonder why we didnt get them CKD like the chevs and fords from aus.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

68barracuda

Post by 68barracuda » Mon 25 May 2009, 12:48

There is one here in Gautneg ..slowly rusting away - owner refuses to sell :cry:
Regards,
Fanie Gerber
It's never junk, it's just a part you're not currently using

http://www.valiant50.co.za
Just say I own a few Mopars

Chooms

Post by Chooms » Mon 25 May 2009, 12:52

Yes, also had an experience with the said gentleman (we won't mention names) over the years. My boet and I have popped in to the smallholding many times over the years, and I've heard that he's now charging a R30 entrance fee to view the cars. He's always made it clear that nothing is for sale, so don't even bother asking him because it just annoys him.
We just go in when we're out that way to see how far the cars have deteriorated since our last visit - and then inevitably feel sick to pit of our stomachs by the time we leave!! With the last visit, he showed me a stack of magazines he keeps on his desk where photo shoots have taken place in his yard of rusted cars, mostly fashion shoots. He's adimant that the cars are worth more to him rusting away there, than if one of us were to buy it and take it away, because he's paid good money by ad houses for the use of his yard as is.
Some serious classics in mint condition under the carport between the house and the barn - a Barracuda, Mustangs, a GTO, a Camaro, Cadillac, a Capri, '55 Chev etc that he hires out for weddings and matric balls.
I went there for the first time many years ago and was drooling over a green Ford Galaxie 500 XL fastback - the only 2 door I've ever seen in the flesh (the same shape as the one in the pic - but in a fair condition). As normal, the car was "NOT FOR SALE!!" . I've witnessed over the years how this car has just rotted away :evil: I've literally seen cars vrot away and sink further and further into the ground with each passing Cape winter. I can appreciate the old 30's and 40's and 50's cars that are now rusted away he can keep for the ad houses - but the 60's and 70's cars that can still be restored and rescued, are all unfortunately doomed to end up in a pile of rust next to the N1. It's crazy!!!
I somehow don't think he's a member of this forum - he's got it in for people who would rather restore a car than see it die!!!! :lol:
Attachments
RearGalaxie67.jpg
RearGalaxie67.jpg (29.96 KiB) Viewed 7474 times
The dust will choke you blind,
The lust will...choke your mind.
- Rodriguez

Gunter

Post by Gunter » Tue 26 May 2009, 17:31

Come visit me....only got about 15 cars on display, free for any forum member to come and see :D
RACECAR spelt backwards spells RACECAR.....

gordini

Post by gordini » Tue 26 May 2009, 23:07

I somehow don't think he's a member of this forum - he's got it in for people who would rather restore a car than see it die!!!!

Good words friend, we do NOT need assholes like that here, not even in Cape Town. This guy is a complete nutcase as been discussed in a previous post. They say if there is people in life that do not like you it is inevitable.....but if nobody likes you you need this as my picture shows
help.jpg
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..

From Malmesbury

kwazulu arnie

Post by kwazulu arnie » Wed 27 May 2009, 06:22

Firstly, the photo at the start of this thread is of an E49 Charger. It was the 4 speed, racing variant of the Charger line and was made in very small numbers. Less than 150 were created and it is thought that fewer than 50 genuine cars exist today. Those of you who have seen the local examples, are more than likely eyeballing an XL or 770 variant.
Secondly, I note that the Gentleman in question has not advertised these cars for sale nor has he requested unsolicited viewing by greedy car hunters. It is his RIGHT to do whatever he wants with HIS cars. It is the hoard of treasure hunters who are at fault in this situation.
Having experienced a similar scenario, I can empathise with this man. Constant harassment from strangers who made out that they were keepers of the faith, while all the time trying to "steal" the cars from under me, left me with a bad taste in my mouth. My solution was to build a bigger barn and hide the cars from view. Now when anyone asks about the guy with all the cars, I tell them he moved away and all the cars were scrapped.. Life is much better now.
Arnie

Social Media