VIN Number

Any discussions about the history of the road going cars
ZA Perana

Re: VIN Number

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:10

Shailen (BG540) wrote: Hi Za Perana

Im not sure, looks like the owner before the previous owner mistreated the car. It look like it has been smacked aroud. When we took the car for a service the guy showed us that the car was standing so long that even the brakes were rusted. The suspension looks like a modified one but the one engine mounting does look fine like a Perana, so to be honest I don't even know what my car is and what did this guy do to this car.

I got a question: Do Capri aPeranas engine number have to be BG0540 or BG540?

What does your engine number say....?
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:11

BG 540 but I do see a dot there so im not sure if it is Bg540 or BG0540

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:29

Shailen (BG540) wrote: BG 540 but I do see a dot there so im not sure if it is Bg540 or BG0540

Am fairly sure its not what the seller has proported it to be as there is not a dot....have also sent you pm..
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:36

I'll take a picture and show you if I can but i'll have to undo the acceleration mechanism that e put there, i removed it before to clean the BG Number but nevertheless i'll go and chack out the BG number tomorrow and shown you guys!!!

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:40

Hers a picture of my badge. Only got one because the side I think was smashed, had a Plastic one on so I took off the other side one to try and see if i can get another one. and please tell me if this badge is real or fake. Its a pure metal one. Sorry for the bad picture but thats what you get when you buy a Nokia N95 (5mp my @$$)

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:44

Shailen (BG540) wrote: Hers a picture of my badge. Only got one because the side I think was smashed, had a Plastic one on so I took off the other side one to try and see if i can get another one. and please tell me if this badge is real or fake. Its a pure metal one. Sorry for the bad picture but thats what you get when you buy a Nokia N95 (5mp my @$$)

Correct badge but was fitted to the Granada Perana.....thought I beleive some Capri's had them fitted, I have two spare ones like that. :D
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:45

Hey Za Perana

I went to have a look at my engine number because its in my head now and the dot there wasn't man made!!its just BG540 and the BG is smaller than the number

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:47

Shailen (BG540) wrote: Hey Za Perana

I went to have a look at my engine number because its in my head now and the dot there wasn't man made!!its just BG540 and the BG is smaller than the number

The problem is that the all engine numbers were stamped as follows....BG0XXX
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:51

Correct badge but was fitted to the Granada Perana.....thought I beleive some Capri's had them fitted, I have two spare ones like that. :D

My father says that these badges did come on Capris they even on his Perana that he has and that is a Genuine Perana(its even got the original paint from the dealership underneath the green!!!( I know he has one, but he wants more -its his passion and mine too-)

He also asked how much do you want for the two badges because we are coming down to Cape town in December

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 11 Nov 2007, 21:56

Shailen (BG540) wrote:

My father says that these badges did come on Capris they even on his Perana that he has and that is a Genuine Perana(its even got the original paint from the dealership underneath the green!!!( I know he has one, but he wants more -its his passion and mine too-)

He also asked how much do you want for the two badges because we are coming down to Cape town in December

Am not keen to sell the badges you know what they say the moment you sell them is the moment you might need them, however would be interested to meet you when you are in ct, perhaps discuss some of the more sensitive issues that can be discussed here....
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Social Media